Why Do Some Doctors Not Like to Inject Radiesse into the Same Face That Has Had Sculptra Injected? What Could Go Wrong?

+1

I'd guess a lack of confidence in using Scuptra, Radiesse or a perhaps a lack of a thorough understanding of the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face through facial contouring and shaping with these fillers.  Fact is that 4-6 weeks after Sculptra is injected, the maximal results can be observed, so I see no reason that you couldn't have Radiesse injected in or near the area where the Sculptra was previously placed.

Radiesse Injections in Patient with Previous Sculptra Injection

+1

Some physicians may be nervous about injecting Radiesse in patient who had previous placement of Sculptra because the appearance achieved with Sculptra does improve over time. Adding Radiesse before this change is complete may result in overcorrection. It takes an experienced physician to use both, especially at the same time.

Radiesse and Sculptra can both be injected into the same patient

+1

I frequently inject both Radiesse and Sculptra into the same patient, often at the same office visit. I can provide almost instant improvement with Radiesse injections and then use a filler like Sculptra for longer lasting results. When treating problems due to volume loss such as cheek hollows and sagging skin, I will almost always use stimulatory fillers such as Radiesse or Sculptra. They are injected deeper, beneath the skin, and will generate more volume to create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. They work by stimulating your skin to produce more collagen, which is why they are so effective for problems due to volume loss, and give longer-lasting results too.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon