Are There Doctors, Any Lady Doctors with Experience with Pilonidal Cysts? Please Help!

I have a history of pilonidal cysts(2).never got it surgically removed due to the fact that it can still reaccrue again so i got it lanced drained & packed at the ER. the cyst is gone but w/ pilonidal disease u will always have the pilonidal sinus also known as a sacrul dimple which acts as a tract. I really want this BBL &talked to my surgeon about it & he said it shouldn't be a issue & he doesnt make his drainage holes in that spot anyway which was a relief but im stil scared about infections?

Pilonidal sinus

+1

Pilonidal sinus is an infection in the intergluteal fold. The infection can be extensive and should be treated by wide surgical excision of all the sinus tracts. You can not have a Brazilian Butt Lift with active pilonidal cyst. I would consider BBL about one year after complete healing of the pilonidal cyst and no recurrence. Many plastic surgeons can treat the pilonidal sinus with wide excision and there are many ways to deal with the wound.

+1

This really comes down to extent of disease.  Sometimes, the area can be larger than it appears on surface exam.  Transferring fat around an area of extensive disease is not a great idea.  A good physical exam will help to determine what is the proper course of action.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA