Why Do Doctors in Mexico Use Epidural/sedation Vs General Anesthesia as in US for BBL

Also many message boards of BBL patients claim doctors in Mexico provide a more hourglass figure, larger buttocks and less revision rates. Is this true?

Brazilian butt lift anesthesia

+1

I prefer to do a Brazilian butt lift under general anesthesia. For me, it is all about safety. During a Brazilian butt lift, you will need to be on your chest for lipo of the back and also for subsequent fat injection. It is very important that your airway is secure during the procedure. In other words, when you are lying on your chest, it is hard to secure an airway in case of over sedation.  For long procedures, general anesthesia is also preferred to.  A Brazilian butt lift takes between 4-6 hrs. of surgery. General anesthesia is extremely safe. On the other hand, there is a higher risk of having problems of airway control with epidural / sedation.

Epidural or General for Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

Epidural is an option, but most patients prefer to go to sleep (General) rather than to be awake as you typically are with an epidural.  Most patients also tell me that they don't want to hear the sounds of surgery and would rather just go to sleep and wake up when it's all done.  They also say they would prefer a small 1/2 inch needle in their arm to a 2-3 inch needle in their back.    It can be done safely either way.  It's just a preference. 
As far as getting an hourglass shape.  That is usually the goal.  All you need is the fat to work with. 
Overall, the main goal is to get the best result you can, Safely!  I have heard many horror stories from patients who have left the country to have surgery.  This is surgery!  Do is as safely as possible! 
Good Luck! 

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Brazilian Buttock lift

+1

Making a claim does not make it a reality.

Asr epidural VS general anesthesia, It is a matter of preference.

Epidural has complications, and in the US most people will have to keep the patient 24 hours in the hospital for observation because of not being able to use your lega, and the possibility of epidural bleeding. Keeping you in the hospital with all the monitoring is expensive in the US.

During General anesthesia you need good monitoring with state of the art monitors that are expensive for other countries.

The results of "hour Glass" all of us can achieve it in the right patient

Size of the buttock will depend on how much fat your body can give me. I can increase it further with addition of butt implant if you have limited amount of fat.

I just operated on a lady who had surgery outside the US and had two large implants in her breast and did not know about it?