Doctors in Kansas City That Do Conscious Sedation for Mommy Makeover?

I would like to have a TT no lipo and breast revision (just going bigger) can I do this with conscious sedation instead of general? I'm looking to see if any surgeons in my area do this..

Please make decisions in a way that maximizes your safety and happiness!

+1

Hi there-

The age of the internet and the proliferation of television programming related to plastic surgery has benefitted us all (patients and doctors) in many ways... but I'm afraid it has done some harm as well, in the sense that many people have gotten the impression that researching their desired aesthetic improvement should be similar to researching the purchase of a new car...

It has become easy for us to purchase even big ticket items like cars- we look around for the one we want, identify the options we desire, then shop for a dealer near us who can get us that car for a price we like. It really is a fantastic and powerful way to be a consumer.

Unless you are looking for professional services, in which case making decisions this way is much more likely to compromise your safety and eventual happiness.

My very strong opinion is that if you wave a bit of money in the air in any community in the US, you will find at least a few surgeons willing to tell you whatever you want to hear in order to get your business. But for the sake of your safety and happiness you should understand that just because something CAN be done, and just because you find someone willing to do it on you, doesn't mean that that is what is in your best interests.

In other words, instead of asking "can this be done?", you should be asking, "Is this what is going to be the safest way for me to look my very best?"...

If you ask these more important questions, the answer most responsible and reputable plastic surgeons would give you is that trying to do your tummy tuck under sedation would absolutely compromise your comfort and outcome.

Remember- your goal should be to do everything in whatever way makes it possible for you to be as safe as possible, and for you to look as good as you possibly can. The best way to do this is to find the best surgeon you can (based on education, training, experience, skill, and talent- look at lots of photos) and trust them to guide you along the way. 

Dictating details like what kind of anesthesia you would accept will only compromise your eventual happiness in ways that you may not understand until its too late.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Have Your Mommy Makeover under General Anesthesia

+1

Choose your surgeon for their results and not the type of anesthesia utilized.  A mommy makeover is not in my opinion able to be performed safely with only conscious sedation. Relaxation of the muscles is important.  Local anesthesia with or without sedation is only safe for shorter procedures.  In addition, the amount of local anesthesia necessary would be dangerously high.  Have your mommy makeover under general anesthesia.  You want this done as safely as possible.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Choosing Plastic Surgeon for Mommy Makeover Surgery?

+1

I would suggest that you be very careful about selecting your surgeon based on the type of anesthesia used during the procedure. I think you will be better off selecting a plastic surgeon based on his/her training, experience, safety record, and ability to achieve your goals. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work and speak to  previous patients who have been taken care of in his/her practice.  Make sure that he/she is certified by the American Board of plastic surgery.

The surgery should be performed in a fully accredited surgery center/ hospital and anesthesia should be provided by a fully licensed/experienced anesthesia provider ( for example a board certified anesthesiologist).

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Anesthesia for Mommy Makeover

+1

I recommend general anesthesia for the procedures you are discussing for safety concerns.  If a surgeon is recommending conscious sedation for a procedure, it is very important to ensure that the procedure is being performed at an accredited facility which has the ability to perform general anesthesia if needed.  As always, it is important to make sure that your procedure is being performed by a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.

Anesthesia options for tummy tuck mommy makeover

+1

When planning a mommy makeover including a tummy tuck and implant surgery, the foremost priorities are safety and then your comfort. The surgery should be done by a board certified plastic surgeon in an accredited surgical facility. My view is that it would be very difficult to make the experience a comfortable one using conscious sedation for this combination of procedures, and general anesthesia is as safe. People are often misinformed about the safety of general anesthesia.

Mommy Makeover surgeons in your area

+1

I'm assuming when you say "conscious sedation", you are likely referring to IV anesthesia from your mommy makeover procedure?   Please start by visiting the website for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons - www plasticsurgery dot org.     They have a doctor finder tool that will help you find board certified plastic surgeons in your area.   Please make sure to have your procedure completed in a fully accredited surgery center or hospital facility.   Best of luck!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com