3 Moths Post Rhinoplasty, Is Taping The Nose Going To Help Results? (photo)

my q is :::now it's 3 months post op feel so happy with the results i'm still taping my nose as doctor told me now i need to know why right after removing the plaster from my nose i feel it more defined and smaller and with more raised tip than when 2 or 3 hours passed with no taping does this cuz of oedema that causes skin shrinkage on pressure then it stretches again does this the shape that i'm gonna finaly get when all swellings gone after 1 year

Taping Nose 3 Months Post Rhinoplasty

Your experience is an example of why I don't  tell my patients to tape their noses 3 months after rhinoplasty. The improvement you see after taping is very transient and will not impact the final result. After healing is complete, you probably will look like you do immediately after the tape removal; hopefully you like that as much as I do. Having said all of that, follow your surgeon's advice.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Postoperative nasal taping

Taping after surgery can assist with edema or swelling, but the benefits from such an activity are probably no longer seen after 4-6 weeks. 

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

4147 Southpoint Drive East
Jacksonville, FL 32216

Taping Nose 3 Months after Rhinoplasty

Taping your nose at this time is unlikely to be of benefit. It may take a while for the swelling to fully resolve.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

2333 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60618

Taping nose

I do not routinely recommend taping the nose at such a late time after surgery. You possibly are seeing the effects of swelling after you remove the tape.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028