Will A Doctor Combine Rectocele with a Mini Tummy Tuck?

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

I would not recommend a rectocele with a mini TT.  They are different procedures, and not very related.  If the two surgeons want to do them together, then that is fine, but one is more superficial, the other likely more involved.  My concern is that one is likely to experience some contamination, the TT is clean.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Rectocele?

+1

I would not suggest combining the procedures for a variety of reasons. Most importantly, you are exposing yourself to an increased risk of infection.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Unlikely

+1

This isnt a good combination to perform. My suggestion would be to have the rectocele repaired and then come back in the future to have the mini tuck (assuming this is what is needed) done. 

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and rectocele repair...not by me..

+1

I do not think I would combine the two.  A rectocele repair is a "contaminated or dirty" surgery, and you are likely to have bacteria going through your bloodsteam during the surgery. (transient bacteremia).   This will increase the ricsk of you having a postoperative infection from your tummy tuck.   This risk will be much less than 50% chance, butI do not think the risk is worth it.   A infection after a tummy tuck is no fun for anyone.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

It can be done

+1

A lot depends on the way the rectocele is repaired. The plastic surgeon needs to communicate well with the colorectal surgeon regarding the incisions and the sequence of events during surgery. There may be a slightly higher risk of infection when these procedures are combined. Good luck.