Hello Doctors! - Breast Augmentation

I come from Europe and there is no problem for me to come to U.S. I just want the best Doctor for BA. When I do find a doctor - I also find on forums that some of his pacients aren't happy with results /how they were treated. I need a doctor that is patient and explain me everything. How long would I have to stay in US after a surgery before I can fly back to Europe? Is it possible to come for an appointment and do the surgery like a day after or do I have to come back another time? Thank you

2 week stay after Breast Augmentation

+1

Medical tourism is very popular for plastic surgery procedures.  I do not like to offer any significant procedure to someone who cannot be in the area for about 2 weeks following this procedure. 

Breast augmentation

+1

As I say to patients traveling out of the country, it is always best to have it done by someone close to home. If you were my patient, I would like you to stay in town for 1-2 weeks.  This is usually the  most critical time.Good luck.

Look at the photos! Breast augmentations come in many shapes and sizes

+1

I am very much a visual surgeon when it comes to breast augmentation.  Find the surgeon with the BEST results on their website and that is who you choose.  There is no substitute for experience and aesthetic ability.  Look at the photos and then get at least 2 or 3 consultations.  Good luck!

Breast Augmentation for European Patient (Fly in for Surgery)?

+1

I think that you are wise in selecting your plastic surgeon carefully. You may find an immense amount of information on plastic surgeons' websites. You will be able to do an on line and phone consult.  I also ask patients to send me pictures of examples of  what they would like to achieve, as well as breasts that are too large or too small.

Assuming, I feel that the patient and my practice is a good match, I will see the patient one to two days prior to surgery and ask the patient to stay in town approximately one week after the breast augmentation procedure.  The patients then will  stay in communication via phone and e-mail, despite the distance.

You may find the attached link helpful to you.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/flyin.htm

Hello and thank you for your question.

+1

I would start by visiting the doctor's website and seeing their pre and post-operative photos.  Next, find a few doctors that you like and arrange for a phone consultation.  Before the phone consultation you should send photos as suggested by that surgeon's surgical concierge.  Once you have the phone consultation with the surgeon and select the surgeon that you are most confortable with and book the surgery, they would see you the day before surgery to go over paper work, photos, and answer any additional questions you may have.  For out-of-town patients that have breast augmentation, I ask that they plan on staying about a week for post-operative visit, and to give post-operative instructions in care.  I also follow up with patients via photos sent at various intervals.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Finding the best doctor

+1

Thanks so much for your post. It's a good idea to do your research and have several consultations with at least the top 3 doctors you end up liking the most. Realistically, traveling long distances for cosmetic surgery has its pros and cons and you should discuss the time you need to be here with the plastic surgeon performing your operation. As far as reviews, use your judgement and go with your gut feeling. The fact is that not every patient is 100% happy all the time, but don't get discouraged. Look for a surgeon that specializes in breast augmentation and has a good reputation. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.