Doctor, I Am Only 27 Yrs Old and I Have These Ugly Fat Bags Under my Eyes. What is the Best Option to Remove Them? (photo)

Doctor, i am only 27 yrs old and i have these ugly fat bags under my eyes. what is the best option to remove them? IS EXILIS one of them? Thanks

Fat bags on lower lids

+1

The best way to permanently remove them is a simple transconjunctival blepharoplasty where a conservative amount of fat is removed from the inside of the eyelid.  This will restore the normal cheek/lid junction and get rid of the fatty deposits causing the bags

Under eyelid bag treatment

+1

Various options are available for treatment of early stage eyelid bags.

Restylane and Radiesse can last upwards of 6 months with one treatment, up to one and one half years with two treatments.

Sculptra can last two years with two treatments, Artefill will last even longer.

Eyelid bag removal with Exilis which is an external treatment with several treatment  or Cellulaze Sidelaze  with one treatment as well as surgical excision will correct the eyelid bags for years.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Inadequate central cheek bone.

+1

This is obviously not age related. You have normal fat bags , just too little bone infront of them. The suggestions of filler to mimick a custom central cheek implant will hide the shadow and buldge you don't like immediately. If you are more certain an implant over your check will be pernament. Fat transfer from the lower lid into the tear trough is agreat procedure also. First step is filler for you.

Good luck

J. Smythe Rich, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid bags

+1

Dear sweetdish,

• If you do not want surgery and a temporary fix (1-2 years), then Restylane works phenomenally, especially in your age group
  • For something more permanent, lower eyelid surgery to remove the fat, then fat transfer to sculpt the lower eyelid and upper cheek would give a more permanent result, also with phenomenal results
  • You may want to try Restylane first to see if you like it, then get surgery

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Best Option for Eye Rejuvenation

+1

There are a lot of different options for undereye bags! It really depends on how long you're willing to be in recovery, and how much you're looking to spend. I offer every eyelid rejuvenation process, and so I've seen firsthand what each of my patients go through. If you want something quick, relatively inexpensive, and with no downtime, I recommend a filler like Restylane. You can have the areas around the fat pads filled so that you "fill the valleys to hide the hills" so to speak. It can be done on your lunchbreak (watch the video below). Or, you can opt to have the fat pads removed. We make a small invisible incision and remove them. However, this requires a longer recovery, more money, and local anesthesia (however, it is permanent as opposed to lasting 6-12 months). Best of luck making your decision! 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Transconjunctival blepharoplasty with fat repositioning

+1

Surgically, you would benefit from fat repositioning of the fat to decrease the bulginess of the eyelids. This will be longlasting result and decrease the likelihood of hollowness of the eyelids that a traditional fat excision blepharoplasty wold have.

Fillers would be another option, though the results are not long lasting.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Options for bags under eyes in 27 year old

+1

The bags that you have under your eyes are caused from fat protrusion.  This can occur with age but also can occur in young people due to hereditary causes.  You have two main options.  You can have a filler injected underneath the bags to improve the area, or you can have surgery to remove some of the fat and reduce the bagginess.  If you opt for the filler, I would recommend one of the hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, Belotero).  The result would be temporary but could last a year or longer in that area.  If you opt for the surgery, the results should last for many years.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon