Doctor Won't Touch-up Bad Liposuction Areas? Is This Your Opinion Of A Good Job? (photo)

I've had liposuction in flanks, abdomen, knees, inner and outer thighs as well as posterior thighs, and I'm now 7 months post op. I'm not satisfied with the results, and my doctor promised he would touch-up, however now he says that the only place that really need a touch up is the left inner thigh. He claims the rest of the areas are with good results. By looking at my pictures, would you consider areas done with good results? what can I do about him dismissing himself from touch-ups? Thank you

Liposuction and results

+1

The best person to discuss this with is your surgeon.  Touching up the inner thigh as you requested seems reasonable and your doctor seems amenable to satisfy you.  Good luck.

Liposuction result

+1

I would not classify this as a bad result by any means. You had a lot of fat removed.  Liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss and I think your doctor did an admirable job given the starting point.  You should certainly discuss your concerns with your surgeon but try not to be judgmental.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Satisfaction with outcomes is a personal matter

+1

If you are not satisfied with your outcome, than any other opinion is really not that important. I would discuss your options with your Doctor and come to some agreement. Your outcome appears very good.

Mario Diana, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

You have good results

+1

You had a lot fat removed and have good results. Your expectations from the liposuction is not realistic. Your surgeon has removed a lot of fat with minimal unevenness. The fee for touch up is something that you can discuss with your surgeon in a nice and non-confrontational manner.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Post-liposuction defects

+1

Liposuction is a very commonly performed procedure. defects and dis-satisfactory results are very common after this procedure. I see a lot of patients like yourself in my practice who have had liposuction done elsewhere and they were not satisfied with the results or gained the weight back yrs later. my best advice to you would be to have a consultation with your surgeon first. and express your concerns. if ure not satisfied its time to seek another opinion. aesthetic procedures are patient driven. some patient expectations are unreasonable. but if there is room for improvement, which it seems like there is in your case, its best to talk to your surgeon about that.

when I do pre-op consultations with my patients I prepare them for the possibility of touch up, especially if its a correction of a post-liposuction defect. its best to make sure that my patients are not only mentally prepared that a touch up will be required, its also important that they know that I will fix if any additional liposuction is required. I have done >100 liposuction procedures in the last 2 yrs, I have had to correct 2 of my patients. my point is, no matter how careful and capable a surgeon is defects are very likely to happen. and they are correctable for the most part.   

Misbah Khan, MD