Doctor Won't Touch-up Bad Liposuction Areas? Is This Your Opinion Of A Good Job? (photo)

I've had liposuction in flanks, abdomen, knees, inner and outer thighs as well as posterior thighs, and I'm now 7 months post op. I'm not satisfied with the results, and my doctor promised he would touch-up, however now he says that the only place that really need a touch up is the left inner thigh. He claims the rest of the areas are with good results. By looking at my pictures, would you consider areas done with good results? what can I do about him dismissing himself from touch-ups? Thank you

Liposuction and results

The best person to discuss this with is your surgeon.  Touching up the inner thigh as you requested seems reasonable and your doctor seems amenable to satisfy you.  Good luck.

Liposuction result

I would not classify this as a bad result by any means. You had a lot of fat removed.  Liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss and I think your doctor did an admirable job given the starting point.  You should certainly discuss your concerns with your surgeon but try not to be judgmental.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Satisfaction with outcomes is a personal matter

If you are not satisfied with your outcome, than any other opinion is really not that important. I would discuss your options with your Doctor and come to some agreement. Your outcome appears very good.

Mario Diana, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

You have good results

You had a lot fat removed and have good results. Your expectations from the liposuction is not realistic. Your surgeon has removed a lot of fat with minimal unevenness. The fee for touch up is something that you can discuss with your surgeon in a nice and non-confrontational manner.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon