A Doctor in Orlando, FL Recommend Me Smartlipo, $4500, I Need to Know if is Worthy? (photo)

Hi, im 36yrs old, i have 3 kids 2 of them c-section and i haven't loose my baby fat around my stomach. I work out but havent loose that baby fat. I need help i want to have the smartlipo but i do t know if is worthy, i attach some pictures i'm 138 pounds and 5'4

Smart Lipo vs. Tummy tuck for loose post pregnancy skin?

+3

I think that Smart Lipo is a valid option.  An exam with assessment of your skin elasticity would be helpful.  One has to also make sure there is no diastasis (hernia) or weakness in the abdominal muscles as this can't be corrected with Smart Lipo.  If you have good skin elasticity, I would anticipate at least 50% improvement with Smart Lipo.  If you would like the ideal result, and are open to surgery and downtime, I would opt for abdominoplasty.  If you have good skin elasticity, no abdominal muscle weakness, and are ok with 50% plus improvement and prefer not to have a tummy tuck, then Smart Lipo is a good option for you.  Good luck

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

A Doctor in Orlando, FL Recommend Me Smartlipo, $4500, I Need to Know if is Worthy?

+3

As a Smart Lipo Instructor very hard over the internet to give exact advise. Yes you may need a TT or even a mini TT but if the in person doctor is a boarded PS than I might agree with him/her. Here on RealSelf the Smart Lipos have over a 75% approval rating. 

Is $4500 for SmartLipo Worth It?

+1

You do seem to have retained good elasticity and contour after having 3 babies and 2 c-sections.  As a board certified cosmetic surgeon who performs over 600 laser-assisted liposuctions annually, I do believe you can achieve 60% or better improvement with SmartLipo alone.  The cost your were quoted, especially if it includes your upper and lower abdomen, flanks, and mid/lower back is reasonable. Although I do perform abdominoplasties (tummy tucks), I would not recommend that as your first option.

Windell C. Davis-Boutte, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Smartlipo is worth it!

+1

Smartlipo will remove unwanted fat deposits; it is the first laser assisted liposuction to sculpt the body while tightening the skin. If you have stubborn areas of fat this procedure is worth it!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Smart Lipo, is it worth it?

+1

The price of $4500 for Smart Lipo of the stomach and love handles seems appropriate. You should see a definite improvement from the procedure. Only you can decide if this procedure is worth it to you. It is important to discuss your goals with your surgeon to ensure they are realistic.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

A Doctor in Orlando, FL Recommends Smartlipo, $4500, I Need to Know if It is Worth It?

+1

An exam would be necessary to determine if skin quality is good enough to recommend liposuction over tummy tuck and liposuction.  Liposuction may be very effective for you.    Liposuction results are very much surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Smart Lipo for a person who should have a tummy tuck?

+1

Don't cut corners and be disappointed, consider a tummy tuck. With a c-section scar and three childen you are almost certain of having a loose core. A tummy tuck tightens and flatens your core and the overlying skin takes that shape. If you just remove fat then you will still have a rounded abdomen just less fat. Also any liposuction (or smart lipo) result is based on your starting skin quality. If you have lost a lot of weight, or have been in the sun a lot, your skin quality may not be as good as you think.. Don't pay for a marketing mirage. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. Smart lipo does have a role but only in carefully selected patients. You should visit with a reputable board certified plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Good Candidate for Liposuction Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Much of what determines whether a patient is a good candidate for liposuction surgery is the quality of the patient's skin elasticity overlying the area that is to be treated. Most patients who have had  3 pregnancies (and C sectons), are not good candidates for liposuction surgery, in my opinion.  Usually, these patients do much better with tummy tuck surgery. Of course, in-person evaluation would be necessary to give you an accurate assessment.

My best advice to patients considering body contouring surgery would be careful selection of plastic  surgeon.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  
I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery;  keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.