Doctor Suggested Lipo for Outer Thighs? (photo)

Dear doctors, I went to a plastic surgeon to ask if he could fill a dimple I have on my right buttock, especially when I strain myself. I am also quite unsatisfied with my saddlebags, although I train, and he proposed to do lipo on the outer thighs. Would you recommend me that, are there any risks involved? I am underweight (5'45''/ 97 lb) and aged 26. Thank you!

Thigh lipo and a dimple?

+2

The only for anyone to make a recommendation is for you to go and see them for a full consultation. However, some generalizations can be drawn from the photos you submitted. There are 3 operations you might want to consider: liposuction alone, liposuction and fat injections, and fat injections to the dimple only. I have seen the most success with the combination of fat removal and injection. In reality, there's not much fat to remove and you should not expect to be much thinner than what your photos show. Discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon of your choice to learn more about the risks. Best wishes.

Dimples and Liposuction and Correction

+2

You definitely have  a big dimple and we will talk about that.   Its hard to fairly  judge from your photos, but I see no need for liposuction of your thighs.  The best way to correct the dimple is a fat graft.  Where would  the fat come from?  I would need to examine you and see.  Not much fat is needed but probable 100cc and you are very petite.   Always get three opinions from surgeons that are Fellows of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.   This should help you decide.  If totally confused after the three  consults (unlikely but possible) tell us on this site and we will help you sort things out.    Be patient and never impulsive.   There is never an urgency for elective plastic surgery.   Make a good search and decision.  My Best, Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Filling in a Dimple with Fat Grafting

+1

Fat grafting to dimples can be performed with liposuction around that area to even everything out.  This usually resolves the problem after one surgery if the dimple or defect is small. 

Liposuction Recommendation

+1

At your size, I can't justify recommending liposuction. The amount of adipose you will retrieve from your thighs is minimal. Liposuction on a figure as thin as yours could result in bumpiness that is worse than the dimple was to begin with.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Liposuction of thighs

+1

Thanks for the photos. It is hard to say what to do for you thigh without ane xam. Certainly if you are having outer thigh lipo, then this fat can be used to fill out the concerning dimple.

Lipo for Outer Thighs?

+1

If you could benefit from outer-thigh liposuction to improve your saddlebags, it should be possible to transfer the harvested fat from your outer thighs into your dimple to give you a much more pleasing thigh contour that you desire.  Without the benefit of examining you, it sounds from your history that you would be an excellent candidate.

L. Dwight Baker, MD
Dothan Plastic Surgeon

Lipo for Outer Thighs and dimple over hips

+1

Hi,I think dimple on your outer hip can be corrected by fat grafting of some of the fat that is removed from your outer thighs by liposuction.Procedure is called liposculpture.This opinion is based on the two images submitted and should not be treated as consultation.A proper clinical examination is required to give a meaningful opinion.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

Without an exam it’s very hard to determine whether you need lipo in the area of concern. From your pictures it’s very hard to tell. If you are unhappy with your saddle bags then yes, do the lipo.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS