Asymmetry After Breast Feeding

My Doctor Sugested  a 290cc Cohesive Gel Implant  Round  in   the  Bigger Looking Breast and  265 in the smaller looking breast saing that the bigger one is more empty what do u think?

Asymmetry after Breast Feeding is Common and Implants can Help

+5

Thank you very much for your question. Breast asymmetry is quite common in all women before and after Breast Feeding.

It is true that often if Breast Feeding is done more frequently on one side as opposed to the other, the favored breast may sag more or be smaller afterwords.

Your nipple areola position looks symmetrical in this photo but the left shoulder is lower-so you should have an evaluation with shoulders straight if possible.

I am very cautious about using different sized implants as the variation in the implant size may be visible.

However, if after exam with the shoulders straight your only asymmetry is size then a larger implant on the left may work well for you.

From this photo I do not think you need a Breast Lift.

Correction of Breast Asymmetry?

+1

Thank you for the question then picture.

Your breast asymmetry is not unusual and can be improved upon to some degree with the use of different sized implants. Absolute symmetry should not be anticipated.

Prior to proceeding with breast augmentation surgery it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.    I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”. 

Breast Asymmetry after Pregnancy and Breast Feeding

+1

Breast asymmetry tends to persist after breast enhancement surgery.  It is not unusual for a woman to experience a significant change in the shape of the breasts following pregnancy.  In the US the average woman undergoing breast augmentation is 32 years old and has 2 children.  Your right breast does appear larger than the left breast and the breasts seem to be at different positions on your chest.  Your shoulders are not level in this photograph and this enhances your level of asymmetry.  Using implants of different sizes may be very appropriate in your particular situation.   Carefully review implant sizes and make sure that if you use different implant volumes on each side that it will accomplish your goal of improved symmetry.  

Breast Augmentation Correction of Asymmetry

+1

It does appear that your left breast is smaller than the right. It also appears that your left shoulder is lower and perhaps that this is the smaller side of your torso as well.  It is always important for a patient to understand these asymmetries prior to surgery and have a discussion with her plastic surgeon about asymmetries.  Nonetheless these asymmetries can be improved with the surgery that you are planning, as long you understand that nobody is completely symmetric.  If you have realistic expectations of what your surgery can accomplish, I think you will be very happy.  Good luck!

John K. Wakelin III, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Minor breast asymmetry can be a bit tricky. If there is not a large difference, I will often place the same implant in each side.  Occasionally, when a patient appears to have a small  difference pre-op, but when I sit the patient up and place the same size implant in each side, they sometimes look the same or even what I thought was the  smaller side looks larger than what I thought was the larger size.  Good luck.

Correction Of Asymmetry After Breast Feeding

+1

From your photo, it certainly appears that your right breast is slightly larger than the left, but your right shoulder is significantly higher that your left making it somewhat more difficult to interpret the photo.  Ask your surgeon why he/she feels that the right side needs a larger implant.  You may have misunderstood the recommendation.

John Whitt, MD

Breast Asymmetry After Breastfeeding

+1
Breast asymmetry after breastfeeding is not unusual, and if there has not been significant sagging of the nipple and breast tissue below the breast fold, it can be corrected with breast augmentation. The key question is which side has the most breast tissue, not just the most excess skin, and this question is difficult to answer with photos but is best determined with a physical exam. In the meantime, one way to get some idea of which side has the most breast tissue is to see which side looks and feels bigger in a good, supportive bra. You may want to get more than one opinion on this one before you proceed with surgery.

Joseph Fata, MD