Can You Ask a Doctor to Use a Specific Filler for Non Surgical Rhinoplasty?

I really like this doctor I found and I love her non surgical rhinoplasty results, but she specifically uses radiesse and I want something more temporary and reversible like restylane or juvederm. I know she uses restylane for other things, but not for the non surgical rhinoplasty. Can I ask her to see if she would use restylane for my non surgical rhinoplasty or do I just have to find another doctor who uses it.

Choice of filler for non-surgical rhinoplasty (nose job)

+1

There are a wide range of choices for fillers, both for the nose and for the face. The choice of filler material is generally made based on the area being injected, the wishes of the patient, and the experience of the physician. For the nose, the three most common fillers I use are Restylane, Perlane, and Radiesse. It depends on what I am trying to improve as well as patient wishes. Often for a first time treatment, I like Restylane as it is a little shorter acting. Also, if the patient does not like it, then you can either wait for it to go away or inject the area with Hyaluronidase to dissolve it. Radiesse usually lasts longer and may be better to build up the bridge of your nose. Perlane also works well for this. I would discuss your concerns with your physician.

Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

I like when patients have input

+1

I have found that when consulting with a patient, it is always wise to respect their wishes unless it is contrary to safe and accepted medical practices. Restylane into the nose is actually very popular and is safer than Radiesse due to the lower risk of necrosis of the nose tip (since Restylane can be dissolved). Restylane lasts longer here than in the nasolabial folds and lips anyway. Radiesse does last longer, but Restylane is a reasonable option. Talk to your doctor about your thoughts and concerns and I am sure she will do what you wish.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Radiesse, Restylane, and other fillers work for Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty uses dermafillers to contour and shape the nose and may be helpful for improving the dorsum and nasal tip.  Many different filler types may be used and this generally depends on the surgeon's preference and experience.  While Radiesse may give longer results than Restylane and Juvederm for the cheeks and nasolabial folds, I find that Restylane, Perlane, and Juvederm actually last longer in the nose, and have the added benefit of being reversible.

Typical intervals for non surgical rhinoplasty treatments in my practice are 6 months.  After trying the short term fillers and finding a surgeon that the patient is comfortable with, Artefill may be used to give longer, more permanent results.

For more info on Non Surgical Rhinoplasty, please click the link below.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical rhinoplasty options

+1

It doesn't hurt to ask.  I like Radiesse for non-surgical rhinoplasty, as I believe the consistency is a little more appropriate for this application.  However, Restylane or Juvederm can work also, and as you point out they won't last as long and have the advantage of being reversible with hyaluronidase.