Doctor That Specializes in Correction of Fat Graft Overfill?

Does anyone know of or have experience with doctors that specialize in correction of fat graft overfill to the cheek area?  I'm willing to travel anywhere. 

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

High Volume facial fat grafting

Any high volume surgeon that does facial fat grafting will at some point encounter patients that will have such problems. They can be addressed with a variety of approaches, whether its time, massage, steroid injection, microliposuction, or direct incision and excision.

If you are unhappy with your surgeon, politely ask him/her if they would be okay if you sought a second opinion. They likely will know someone in your community. I know presenting this to your surgeon may be a bit uncomfortable, but any surgeon would want their patients to be happy, and sometimes, a new perspective might be what is needed.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat transfer

Ofcourse every one of us is going to tell you "he/she is the best"

Fing a good experienced board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board Of Plastic Surgery) interview couple then decide who you can work with.

Fat Graft Overfill

I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this. It is important never to overfill when performing fat grafting. I would suggest looking for plastic surgeons who perform a lot of fat grafting. removing excess fat is a challenging procedure and requires surgical expertise. You do not mention how long ago your surgery was performed. Perhaps with time things will improve at least to some degree. if you do travel for surgery, any plastic surgeon will want photographs from multiple angles pre-operatively and post operatively. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting Overfill

Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs fat grafting procedures and revisions on a regular basis.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat Transfer Can Be Reversed

Fat transfer to the cheeks can be reversed. Micro-liposculpture with small cannulas can be performed to remove some volume. Seek consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon.  All the best.

Fat Grafting Overfill

Please provide some photographs to my site listed below and I would be happy to give an expert opinion. Some fat may be removed via a small syringe type liposuction aspirate procedure. This depends on the placement and the overfill. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Correcting overfilled fat grafts

The treatment depends on the location and amount of the overfilled fat grafts.  Treatment options include surgical removal or liposuction versus injectable drugs that "melt" scars and fat.  See chapter I wrote entitled "Postoperative wound modulation in aesthetic eyelid and periorbital surgery".

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat graft

This is best done with a evaluation and examination in the office. If this was recently done there is still swelling that has to resolve

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Timing is everything

Hi Genmod - the key here, as has been mentioned before, is the timing of your procedure. 1. If within last 6 months then factors like swelling need to be considered. Also within this time frame some of the fat will "absorb" and go away (this always occurs to varying degrees and is why multiple fat injections are needed to get best results). 2. If more than 6 months then issues like displacement of fat, calcification of fat (hard nodules in the fat) or scar tissue buildup under the skin need to be considered. These can be addressed with injection of medications or small surgical excisions. Please consult with an experienced surgeon who does a lot of cheek injections. What you are experiencing is not common but does occur and needs to be taken care of. All the best, Dr. Kamran Jafri

Kamran Jafri, MD

Fat graft reduction

I have been doing fat grafts for about 15 years and over that time treated many contour irregularities.  Sometimes it can be as simple as microliposuction, particularly in a cheek.  If there is scar then steroid injection is often necessary to reduce the volume.  This can be determined by feeling the area grafted.

Mark Glasgold, MD
Highland Park Facial Plastic Surgeon