How Do I Ask my Doctor About Getting a Rhinoplasty Added to my Septoplasty?

I just got referred to a Ear Eye Nose Specialist to diagnose me with a deviated septum or not. If I do get diagnosed , which I more than likely will, how do I ask about adding a rhinoplasty to my septoplasty. I do know that insurance will not cover the cosmetic side , I just would like to have it all done at the same day if possible. on the other hand If anyone knows the approximent price if all of this is a success. Thank You

Rhinoplasty at the same time as septoplasty

+2

Rhinoplasty can usually be performed concurrently with a septoplasty, although any cosmetic procedure will most likely not be covered by insurance, whereas surgery to correct a symptomatic deviated septum may well be. Ask the Ear, Nose and Throat specialist about doing both procedures, and discuss what you wish to improve about the appearance of your nose with the rhinoplasty.

Septoplasty + Rhinoplasty = Septorhinoplasty

+2

Many ENT surgeons are also facial plastic surgeons. This typically involves an extra year of training as well as a separate board certification. They are particularly well trained for simultaneous functional and cosmetic nasal surgery. This would involve a septoplasty + a rhinoplasty, which is also known as a Septorhinoplasty.

Approaching the subject is easy. Just ask your surgeon if he also performs rhinoplasty and if he or she does them often. Just like any other cosmetic procedure, there will additional costs. You should also ask to see pictures of his or her work, to make sure that you like the type of result that is typical.

Best of luck

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Adding rhinoplasty to septoplasty

+1

The septoplasty and rhinoplasty are two different operations both performed on the nose.
Not all ear, nose, and throat doctors are well adept in performing rhinoplasty. Make sure you do your homework and look for a rhinoplasty surgeon who has done thousands of rhinoplasties to perform this difficult operation. The approximate cost for a rhinoplasty is about $6000, which the patient is responsible for. The medical component to the septoplasty is billed to the patient’s health insurance. The rhinoplasty is much more difficult than the septoplasty operation.

Rhinoplasty with Septoplasty

+1

If your surgeon does rhinoplasty surgery, ask him/her to do the cosmetic surgery at the same time as your septoplasty. If not,  see a surgeon who does both because it is better to have only one operation. Your surgeon will help you determine what charges will be covered by your insurance company.

How Do I Ask my Doctor About Getting a Rhinoplasty Added to my Septoplasty

+1

You ask by being frank with your chosen surgeon. I'm sure he will be able to help you. Remember there most likely be a cosmetic fee component to this additional part of the operation. Best of Luck. 

+1

Regarding: "How Do I Ask my Doctor About Getting a Rhinoplasty Added to my Septoplasty?
"

You have SO many ways to ask your surgeon to do it. A few "options" come to mind, such as:

The COY Approach (with your best Southern Belle accent and a Marilyn Monroe breathy delivery)
"Hey Doc, you hunk of surgical manhood you (blow an air kiss), Do you think you can fix my lil' bitty icky nose when you fix my bad ol' septum dahling?"

The MYSTERIOUS Approach (While wearing a trench coat and dark shades whisper - adding your best German vamp accent would be a definite plus)
"Doctor, (pause and look sideways twice, pause again) Can you fix thisssssss nose when you fix thissssss septum?"

THE Hip Hop Approach (wearing over-sized XXXXL T shirt, cheap faux gold jewelery, grilz, XXXL jeans with exposed underwear, flashing spastic here to unknown gangsta hand gestures in your  - ooops I means yo' best Ebonics)
"Yo, Yo, Yo M....F...Doc Yo!!!
How's about you fixin' this here baby scarin', glass bustin',M...F... nose Yo???
Can you do it, Man yo, when you's fixin' my septum yo?" 

If all fails how about

The DIRECT Approach
"Doctor, I am not happy with the following features of my nose (specify 1. , 2., 3.). Can you correct these at the time of my Septoplasty?

Personally, I think the last one should work great.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Deviated septum and rhinoplasty

+1

Just go ahead and ask your surgeon.  The rhinoplasty surgeon can repair the deviated septum and improve the cosmetic appearance.

Your Rhinoplasty surgeon may correct your deviated septum at the time of your surgery.

+1

If you require a septoplasty to breathe better, and if you desire to change the appearance of your nose, it's in your best interest to have both problems addressed at the same surgery. If your ENT suggests septoplasty, you'll need to check if he's comfortable with your rhinoplasty surgery

In that regard, you should consult several board-certified facial plastic surgeons that are capable of addressing both of your concerns.

All the best from NJ

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Adding rhinoplasty to septum surgery.

+1

Just ask your doctor how much more this would cost. Your insurance payment can be variable so only your surgeon can tell you after he sees you how much they are likely to pay. Having it all done at one time is better and having it done by an experienced surgeon may let you avoid having to have it redone.