Doctor Wants Me to Stay in Aftercare Facility for Chin Implant Removal

I'm having a chin implant removed and my Doctor is requiring me to stay in an aftercare facility for 1 night. I didn't have to do this for my original surgery and don't think it's necessary. Can he make me stay there? Would it make a difference If i chose local instead of general anesthetic?

Staying overnight after chin implant removal

+1

It seems unnecessary to stay overnight after removal of a chin implant...yes this could be done under local, but depends on how the implant was fixed in place, and your surgeon's comfort level with you being awake.  

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant removal

+1

He is the surgeon and he/she need to be comfortable in doing the surgery under the most optimal conditions he deems appropriate. If you have any medical condition then follow his/her advise.

No body can make you do any thing you do not want to.

You can have another opinion from a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON. Then YOU make the decision