Doctor Recommended over the Muscle, Textured Silicone Any Thoughts?

I'm 5'5" 150lbs currently a 36C after the implant doctor said I would be a full D. I can't remember the cc's. I have broad shoulders and a very prominent bone structure above my breast, which make them Look so "low" . My goal is to have full round breast that sit higher then they currently do.

Over the Muscle Breast Augmentation

+1

It is very difficult to give you advice without first examining you but I don't usually recommend sub-glandular (over the muscle) placement.   Do your research regarding the surgeons you visit - make sure to choose a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (not cosmetic surgery) and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  From here, you know you are selecting from qualified surgeons.  Most board certified plastic surgeons would suggest sub-muscular placement for better long term results.

Best Wishes.

Over the muscle implants

+1

Without examining you, it is difficult to suggest placement or type of implant. However, it is important to know that complication rates are higher for textured implants in sub-glandular position, especially with rippling and capsular contraction.

Donna Rich, MD

Implants above the muscle

+1

If you feel your breasts are low now,, going above the muscle will eventually cause more sag and make them look lower. Under the muscle is what i recommend for my patients. Talk to your doctor about the pros and cons of his recommendation.

James A. Hoffman, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Implant position

+1

Under the muscle is generally associated with lower rates of capsular contracture and rippling.  I would discuss this with your surgeon.

David A. Lickstein, MD

Textured Implants: NO Over the muscle: NO

+1

Statistics collected by the implant companies state the most popular choice for breast augmentation is smooth round gel implants under the muscle.  This is the best choice for you if you want your breasts to sit higher on the chest wall.  If they still look low after a year then you may need a lift to get the nipples up. 

After so many years of performing this type of surgery, I know the best choice for everyone is to say NO to textured implants over the muscle.

Robert B. Winslow, MD (retired)
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Textured implants placed above the muscle

+1

Textured implants placed above the muscle will have a higher chance of rippling and eventually needing revisional surgery than implants placed below the muscle or in a dual plane configuration.

You may want to talk to your surgeon about all the options of implant placement.

Brent Moelleken, MD