Doctor Recommended 400cc High Profile Textured Gel Implants. Worried it Will Leave Too Big of a Gap Between Breasts? (photo)

I am 5'4 120lbs. Currently a small B and I was a DD while breastfeeding therefore, leaving my breasts very deflated. My breast width is 12cm so my doctor recommended high profile breast implants in order to do the 400cc's. Worried the high profile implants will leave too much of a gap. I really don't want my breast implants to have that far apart look. I'm assuming it partly has to do with they way your breasts fall naturally. Do you think mine will be far apart? Any other recommendations?

Cleavage cannot be altered

+1

The gap between your breasts or cleavage is mainly determined by the insertion of your pectoralis muscle on your breast bone.  Any alteration or disinsertion can be disastrous and very difficult to correct.  The implant size you have chosen is reasonable, but your cleavage is something that cannot be changed.

Cleavage and Gap between breasts after breast enlargement

+1

The gap between your breasts is purely determined by your anatomy and the implants will do little to correct this. Proper sizing is the key for a good result.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast width

+1

I will say first that the width between the breasts will in part be determined by your anatomy. In addition, choosing the right implant for you is impossible without an exam.  It is best to go for consultation.  Good luck.

Worried it Will Leave Too Big of a Gap Between Breasts

+1

Thank you for your question and for sharing the photo. First of all, your breasts look completely normal, and they are further apart compared with some other normal women, closer together than others. There is a gap in between the breast that could be more noticeable to you if you have a breast enlargement.

Most surgeons try not to use implants that are wider than the breast width, and the 400 cc HPs are just about even with your width. If you wanted a moderate plus or moderate profile, you surgeon would probably recommend a smaller volume to maintain the 12 cm diameter limit, which for M+ would be about 304cc, for MP about 270 cc.  If the volume you prefer is the larger, the 400 cc would be the best choice. These limitations are guidelines, and occasionally for good reason the guidelines are superceded. A discussion with your surgeon might lead to consider, for example a 397 cc M+, which would be 1 cm wider, but it may give enough improvement to the midchest region to justify the guideline variance. 

Thanks again, and best wishes.