Doctor Recommendation for Tummy Tuck in Texas

I live in san antonio tx and i have had 7 children and i am on a diest now im 48 and was also in a major car wreck in 2009 and gained a lot of wieght staying in bed for alomost a yr so i need this so bad i have tons of haning flabby skin please help me find a great dr and one that is reasonable like the one in corpus christie tx god bless

Excess skin and tummy tuck

+1

I assume you have access to a computer since you posted a message on this web site.  Go to plasticsurgery.org "Find a surgeon" to see a list of Board-certifed plastic surgeons in your area. You can then see if you have any friends or family that know any of the surgeons on the list and inquire whether they were happy or not with the care they received.  It's a start.  Good luck.

Finding a Tummy Tuck Surgeon

+1

Anyone considering plastic or reconstructive surgery should consider consulting a board certified plastic surgeon to achieve the best and safest results possible. Physicians who are considered board certified hold a certification with the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). This certification proves that the surgeon has graduated from an accredited medical school, has completed a residency of at least five years, has three years of experience in general surgery, is actively practicing plastic surgery for at least two years, and has passed mandatory comprehensive and written examinations.  

There are a number of advantages in choosing a qualified and highly experienced Board Certified plastic surgeon to perform your cosmetic surgery. If there are any complications during surgery, an experienced plastic surgeon will be more adept at handling the situation. In addition, a plastic surgeon that has performed many cosmetic surgeries will have had more time to perfect his or her technique and results.

Reputable plastic surgeons should have privileges to perform cosmetic surgery procedures in the operating room at an accredited hospital, not just in the surgery center in their office. They work with a highly skilled team including, board certified anesthesiologists, nurses, and technicians to enhance patient comfort and to provide a peace of mind to the patient’s and their families.

During your consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, ask to see before and after photos of actual patients who have undergone cosmetic surgery. The surgeon may provide you with a list of patients you may speak to as a reference. To enhance your education regarding the surgery, you may be introduced to some post-op patients as well during your visit with the surgeon. Most patients are willing to share their experience regarding their surgeon, the staff, hospital, and recovery. 

Tummy Tuck Surgeon in Texas

+1

The best place to start is the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website, and look for surgeons in your area. Also, ask you primary care doctor for a recommendation.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon