Doctor Recommendation for Breast Augmentation in New York City

I am looking for a doctor in NYC that can help me accomplish natural-looking breast implants.

If you have a recommendation, I would love if you could share your experience as well as your before and after pics.

I FINALLY got the courage to do this after contemplating it for 2 years, so I want a great Doc that won't make me regret it. :)

Natural Looking Breast Implants -

+2

...only look natural if the size is selected well, the surgeon places them well, and last but not least-  the soft tissue and shape of your breasts is adequate to get you a natural result.    This last criterion- assesment of breast shape and soft tissue, is what sets breast implant surgeons apart.  When you go on your consults take 5 minutes and ask your surgeon to assess your soft tissue and how that will impact her or his surgical strategy.  This will help you assess the surgeon's expetise.   Best of luck-

Dr Del Vecchio

bostonbreastcenter.com

Breast Augmentation "without regrets"

+2

Thank you for  the questions.  There are many good  board certified plastic surgeons in New York. You should do your due diligence with the American Board of Plastic Surgery and visit with a few physicians until you're comfortable with the experience and quality of the surgeons work.

You may find the following guidelines helpful as  you embark on your “breast augmentation journey”.

1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself)  and that you have realistic expectations.  Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life   situation.  You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.

2. Make sure you have your surgery done by a well experienced board-certified PLASTIC SURGEON. You should be aware that there are surgeons, not formally trained in the field of plastic surgery, who will offer to do your breast augmentation surgery. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants.

3. COMMUNICATE your goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

4. Choose the position (preferably sub muscular) and the type of implant used carefully.  These choices may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   

5. Time  your surgery as carefully as possible.  in general, if you can avoid significant weight gain/loss  after the breast surgery you will improve your chances of not needing further surgery.  Pregnancy and breast-feeding will also potentially cause changes in the size/shape/position of the breasts  that may  necessitate further surgery to correct.

Following these guidelines  may help in reducing the chances the further surgery will be necessary; however, realistically speaking most young ladies undergoing breast augmentation surgery will likely need some type of revisionary surgery during their lifetimes.

Breast augmentation doctors in new york

+1

contact ASPS  or ASAPS

american society for plastic surgeons

american society of aesthetic plastic surgeons

New York City Breast Augmentation

+1

I agree that there are many good plastic surgeons in New York City. Choose someone who specializes in breast augmentation. If you see several surgeons, your gut will tell you who to go with.  I encourage you to put me on your list of consultations. I specialize in cosmetic breast surgery and use the latest techniques to give you a rapid recovery and short scar augmentation.  My consultations are free and while I am certainly not the cheapest in town, my prices are very fair considering my national awards, reputation, and results.  Take a look around my website and of course, "google me".  See you soon.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Breast augmentation in NYC

+1

There are many good breast augmentation surgeons in NYC. Do your homework, ask around, look at their websites, speak to the staff, and go for a consultation and meet withthe doctor.  Good luck.

How to pick a plastic surgeon for breast implants.

+1

1) Is the surgeon a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? Members usually do a lot of cosmetic surgery.

2) Did you sense a commitment to excellence in the office. Did the surgeon spend a lot of time with you? Someone who rushes through the consultation may rush through the surgery.

3) Were you treated as an individual? Did the surgeon present you with a surgical plan tailor made for you?

4) Plastic surgeons have to have a good eye and meticulous technique.  Did the surgeon show you A LOT of before and after pictures, and did you love the results?

5) Talk to other doctors you know. Established plastic surgeons have a reputation in the community, good or bad.

6)  Ask to speak to a patient who has had the procedure you want.  You are looking for a surgeon who does a lot of what you want.   Many  patients are eager to share their experience.  Privacy is preserved by having the patient call you.

7)  If you are having breast augmentation, ask if the surgeon has a large inventory of different size and shape breast implants available in the operating room.  A surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery will have an inventory.  This way, the final implant choice does not have to be made in advance.

8)   With office surgery, make sure the surgical facility is ACCREDITED.   Very important safety assurance.

9)   Make sure the anesthesia is given by a BOARD CERTIFIED ANESTHESIOLOGIST.  Another very important safety factor.

10)  Make sure the office has trained nurses available for hands-on post operative care.  This can really speed recovery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Augmentation

+1

You have to judge for yourself regarding natural looking breasts. Don't go too big and put them where they belong. I have been doing this for over 30 years and would be glad to see you for a complimentary consultation.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Surgeon recommendation

+1

You need to find a American Board of Plastic Surgery certified surgeon.   Find 3 or 4, have consultations and interview them.  Be certain they listen to you, and you feel they understand your desires.  That is the most important aspect.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon