Doctor Recommendation for a Facelift in Illinois

I have Fibromyalgia and have had Botox. Now I want a Facelift.

Surgeon recommendtion

+2

There are many experienced facial plastic surgeons and each surgeon has a unique set of skills and tools which may make him or her the best surgeon for that unique problem

Facelift - Doctor Recommendation for a Facelift in Illinois

+2

The next step is consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  There is no shortage of such surgeons in and around Chicago, so I would suggest that you get together a list of surgeons, and then go around for a few different opinions.  In order to compile this list you can ask your doctors (Derm, OB-GYN, Internist), go online (surgery dot org is a great place to start), and ask beauty salon personnel (whom I've often found to be excellent sources of information in this field).  Then go visit a few of them, perhaps with a friend for support and to help take notes.  In your case, you may have more-than-average medical issues to address before you can consider the specifics of the surgical correction, but that's no reason to abandon your current plans.  You will probably require a medical clearance before you have anything done.  The Plastic Surgery Bottom Line:  Go for some consultations, and see what is recommended for you, both in terms of surgery and your underlying medical issues.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Facelift in Illinois

+2

There are many qualified plastic surgeons in the Chicagoland area.  Be sure to check credentials and results.  You should go to a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  You can first check on the surgeon's website, and, if you like what you see, make an appointment for consultation.  Check the before and after pictures, carefully, and be sure that you and the doctor have a similar aesthetic taste.  

Diane L. Gerber, MD

Facelift in Illinois

+2
There are many excellent practices in the Chicago area, and we would be pleased to see you concerning a facelift procedure. You can find us through our RealSelf link.
peterejohnsonmd

Facelift doctor near Schaumburg, Illinois.

+2

You need to find an American Board of Plastic Surgery-certified plastic surgeon near you. For names of properly-trained and qualified plastic surgeons, go to the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgery (only ABPS-certified plastic surgeons can be members) listed at the top right of this web page (The ASPS logo is round). The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the largest organization of board-certified plastic surgeons in the world. ASPS Member Surgeon have more than six years of surgical training and experience, with at least three years specifically in plastic surgery.

For a subset of ABPS-certified ASPS-member plastic surgeons whose practice is predominantly cosmetic in nature, go to the website of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) (There is a link at the bottom of this page if you click on the triangular logo of the ASAPS). ASAPS is a leading professional organization of plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specialize in cosmetic plastic surgery. The mission of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery includes medical education, public education and patient advocacy.

Your next step is to call select offices after checking out the doctors' websites and determining which doctor fulfills your needs and expectations as far as information provided, office staff phone manners, and written information sent to you. Once those are whittled down to an acceptable number, then you need to have a few consultations to actually meet the prospective surgeons. Then YOU should decide. Anyone can give a name or two or ten, but you really need to feel you have made a "connection" with your chosen surgeon--he or she literally holds your appearance in their hands! Best wishes and good luck in your search!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Facelift in Illinois

+2

Dear Belle,

If you are close to Champagne, look up James Sheridan, MD.  He is a board certified plastic surgeon and can expertly evaluate your needs.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD