If a doctor is on Real Self, and from a different country, how do I know they are safe?

I have researched doctors, and been on several consultations here in the USA. I have also done research on a doctor in Mexico. The doctor in Mexico is on Real Self, and is accredited in Mexico, and has been for 17 years. He also says he is licensed in the USA. How do I check that, and how can I be sure he is a safe doctor?

Board Certification in Plastic Surgery

+1

That said it is important to verify credentials and make sure your surgeon is board certified. Please read the link below which enables you to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Not only american doctors are good.

+1

Been published in realself does not give you warranty if he is good or bad. You need to check credentials, talk to patients that had surgery with him etc.

Having surgery outside of your country could be safe, if you select the right surgeon, the right facility.You need to know that you should stay on that country for about 15 days before flying back, if everything is ok.

Complications on plastic surgery could happen on any place of the world, there are bad doctors on every country.

Alejandro Hernandez Pizzoglio, MD

Checking credentials for overseas plastic surgeons

+1

There are several places you can look for information on surgeons in other countries especially if they have licensure in the U.S. (The question of whether it is a good idea to have surgery overseas is another issue.) If they are licensed in the U.S. and board certified here, then they may be a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons or the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Another resource is the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. If you do decide to travel, ask about whether the surgeon has an affiliation or recommendation for a plastic surgeon in your area who might be willing to see you for any complications or issues that might arise later.

Richard Baxter, MD

Safety

+1

Safety is important in choosing a doctor. Check the American Board of Plastic Surgery website, where you can search for him by name. You should also verify that he is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. The website is plasticsurgery.org and you can search for his credentials there too. Good for you for doing your homework! Good Luck!

Jeffrey Gusenoff, MD
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon