Will Any Doctor Perform a Breast Reduction Surgery for a Reduced Price?

Is there anyway I can try to find a good surgeon who will give me a good price..or even do a charity case for me and perform the surgery for free? How can I go about that? I dont have credit cards to pay for the procedure and I dont know if I can qualify for financing.but I cant take the pain I suffer with everyday...please help...Im located in NYC

Breast reductions at residency training programs may cost considerably less.

+1

A training institutions fees for elective surgery are commonly considerably less than the plastic surgery community beyond it. There are of course other considerations besides price when deciding to go ahead with a breast reduction.

Nothing is free

+1

Go to a plastic surgical clinic where they train physicians for the least expensive reduction. Otherwise shop around -- but still it will cost at least between 5 - 10K all inclusive.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Charity breast reduction

+1

Unfortunately,  I don't know anyone in NY who is doing free or give away breast reductions. You are talking about a 4 hour operation with plenty of followup care.  I generally charge $10000 for the procedure but heard yesterday that there are Manhattan doctors who are in the $25,000 range so from that standpoint I am a bargain.  If you have health care insurance, it may be covered so long as you meet the criteria.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Price of breast reductions

+1

Usually breast reductions in my practice are performed through your medical insurance.  There is a bit of a process to get approval, but my staff has become very good at gathering the required information and expediting authorization. 

If you do not have medical insurance, you are very unlikely to get someone to do a breast reduction for free. Sorry...

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Reduced price surgery may result in reduced results!

+1

HI Scorpiomom.  Beware of anything that sounds too good to be true!   It is better to wait and save your money than have a bad outcome.  I suggest you find a surgeon you are comfortable with, and don't try to skimp on your healthcare.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon