Looking for a Doctor in Ohio for a Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation?

Hi, my name is Christina I'm looking to have very full breasts, anna-nicole-smith-type, and a tummy-tuck. I am 38c/d, 5'4 and 230lbs and 26yrs old. I use things to push-up my breasts now along with push-up bras, and dont want to have to do that after the surgury. I am looking for a doctor who can do a lift and a silicone implant of that size. Also I am looking to see if the lift can be done without a huge scar down the breasts-also not sure if I should lose-more weight before the surgury.Have-been-this-range for-6yrs. Please advise

Plastic Surgeons in Ohio

+1

My first suggestion would be to obtain a referral for a plastic surgeon from your OBGYN or primary care physician . Please make certain that the surgeon you choose is board certified in PLASTIC SURGERY by the ASPS. A surgeon who specializes in breast and body surgery is a must! I would also recommend that you interview a few surgeons and determine where you feel the most comfortable. As far as weight, upon consultation and examination your surgeon will determine if and when you would be a good candidate for plastic surgery. I agree that your BMI must be lowered in order to have a safe and successful procedure. I am in Columbus, Ohio and invite you to visit The Sullivan Centre. You can schedule by contacting our office at 614-436-8888.  Best of luck!!!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

How to pick a plastic surgeon for tummy tuck and breast augmentation.

+1

Tips on choosing a surgeon for breast augmentation and tummy tuck.

Answer by George J. Beraka, MD
1) Is the surgeon a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? Members usually do a lot of cosmetic surgery.

2) Did you sense a commitment to excellence in the office. Did the surgeon spend a lot of time with you? Someone who rushes through the consultation may rush through the surgery.

3) Were you treated as an individual? Did the surgeon present you with a surgical plan tailor made for you?

4) Plastic surgeons have to have a good eye and meticulous technique. Did the surgeon show you A LOT of before and after pictures, and did you love the results?

5) Talk to other doctors you know. Established plastic surgeons have a reputation in the community, good or bad.

6) Ask to speak to a patient who has had the procedure you want. You are looking for a surgeon who does a lot of what you want. Many patients are eager to share their experience. Privacy is preserved by having the patient call you.

7) If you are having breast augmentation, ask if the surgeon has a large inventory of different size and shape breast implants available in the operating room. A surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery will have an inventory. This way, the final implant choice does not have to be made in advance.

8) With office surgery, make sure the surgical facility is ACCREDITED. Very important safety assurance.

9) Make sure the anesthesia is given by a BOARD CERTIFIED ANESTHESIOLOGIST. Another very important safety factor.

10) Make sure the office has trained nurses available for hands-on post operative care. This can really speed recovery.

Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation Lift

+1

Thank you for sharing your goals with us. As regards your comment "not sure if I should lose-more weight before the surgery" - Objectively speaking, your ideal weight should be 120 pounds (making you 110 pounds overweight) and you have a BMI of 39.48, the very upper limit of OBESE with 40 and over being MORBIDLY OBESE.

I would strongly recommend you consider all modalities to reduce your weight to a BMI of 26 or so before embarking on these procedures. It has been demonstrated repeatedly that the higher the BMI the higher the rates of complications AND the more average and below average the cosmetic results.

If weight was not a major issue with your presentation, I would recommend first performing liposuction of the trunk (to reduce the fat deposits of the tummy, back and hips) and return in 6-8 months for a Tummy Tuck. You would achieve much better results this way. To achieve the look you described you will need an Augmentation Lift. The scars associated with this procedure vary from a lollipop, to a key hole to an inverted T.

Good Luck.

Finding Plastic Surgeon

+1

There are several web sites which you can search in order to find qualified plastic surgeons. Among these are realself, ASPS (plasticsurgery.org), and ASAPS (surgery.org). In order to be members of the latter 2 and be listed, you must be board-certified. You usually can find links here to surgeon's web sites where you may find before and after photos.

Looking for a Doctor in Ohio for a Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation

+1

The ASAPS and ASPS websites can provide you lists of qualified, board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. James Zins is a possibility in Cleveland. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options.