Why Wouldn't my Doctor Go for the Maximum Fat Placement?

I am concerned as my doctor only used 200 cc's in each cheek, knowing that swelling goes down and I would be left with practically nothing. I am a 12, with lots of fat to use. As things look now with my garment on and I 2 days short of 2 weeks post, I am really trying hard to notice what he even did!

Brazilian Butt lift: inadequate fat injected

+1

IF you have sufficient fat donor sites, I am puzzled why your surgeon would only inject 200cc. This is a very modest amount. Generally speaking, I prefer to inject a minimum of 500 cc if I can get it.

This is one of the most common Brazilian Butt Lift stories I hear......

+1

This is one of the most common stories I hear all of the time. I have had many, many patients come to my office after having had the Brazilian Butt Lift once elsewhere and tell me the same thing. They see no change in their buttocks size even early after surgery when they are still swollen. If you don't see any change at that time, then it is definitely not going to be any larger later. It will not grow!

My patients typically are either ecstatic when they first see the size of their buttocks..... or a little scared. But I tell them all honestly (for good or bad) it will not remain quite that large. Everyone will shrink some over the first 2-3 months after surgery due to the swelling going away as well as some of the fat not surviving. We typically see an estimate of approximately 70-80% of the fat survive. Whatever you have at the end of 3 months is typically your final size unless you gain or lose weight.

All surgeons have different techniques as well as different perceptions of what looks good. Also, this is a relatively new procedure for many surgeons, and some techniques just don't seem to work. That is why it's VERY important to research the surgeon you choose to be sure he/she is experienced in this procedure and see lots of their results and even talk to their prior patients. We have many, many patients who are more than happy to share their experiences with new patients.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Brazilian Butt enhancement

+1

Yo u need to ask your surgeon that.

If you cannot see the results, then you will not see the results. 200CC is minimal.

Was your surgeon experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon?

Did you communicate your desires and wxpectations?

Body Contouring surgery with butt enhancement can be expensive, but will give you the results you want . You may need another surgeoon and another surgery