Can you recommend a doctor on long Island n.y that specializes in neck lip/lift?

Neck lift long Island n.y
Here is a link to help you find a doctor in your area

Lip lifts are not popular on the East Coast

+1
Hi Brigid,

Finding a surgeon on Long Island to perform a necklift should easier than finding a surgeon who regularly performs lip lifts.  Although the incisions for a lip lift can be hidden under the nose or along the red/white border of the upper lip, it is not without its risks.  From the questions that I answered on another plastic surgery website, the most unfortunate problem that was asked to me, was whether it was normal not to be able to show your upper teeth after an upper lip lift.  Apparently the surgeon cut into the muscle too much and the movement of the muscle was not normal even after a few years.  The upper lip was not mobile.  The overall length of the upper lip was shortened, but at the expense of the mobility.  This is a rare case, and is not usually discussed when consulting for an upper lip lift.  Of the patients I have currently, several of them had lip lifts in the past by other surgeons.  When I ask them how happy they were with the lip lift, they said in general, it did not give them the result that they had hoped.  They didn't necessarily regret it either or have the limited upper lip movement as the person who contacted me through the internet.

I am a facial plastic surgeon, and we have an organization call the AAFPRS (American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery).  They have a doctor finder on their website which lists our members by zip code or city/state, and our member surgeons 5,10,20,50, 100 miles from the location you enter.

I hope this helps.  Good luck on your plastic surgery journey

Dr. Yang