Los Angeles Doctor Recommendations for Injectable Fillers in Tear Troughs

I had a lower eyelid bleph and have hollowness above my tear trough-close to my eyes. I'm in my late 30's and my skin is very thin in this area. I'm looking for a doctor who is comfortable injecting a filler close to the eyes. Thank you.

Fillers for tear trough injections

+2

We typically use Restylane around the eye area rather than Juvederm or semipermanent fillers because of the long-term danger of lumpiness.  Some of the permanent fillers and fat injection are particularly dangerous and must actually be revised with surgery if permanent lumpiness forms.

The surgeon should talk with the patient about what is causing the problem.  Eye bulges, for example, may be difficult to conceal with filler alone, so surgery may actually be better for the patient.  Cheek drooping may be best treatable with a cheeklift.

For straightforward tear troughs, this can generally be accomplished in one or two settings, depending on the patient's filler history..

As to which surgeon you choose, there are many fine doctors in the area.  However RealSelf doctors are not a bad place to start your search.

Tear troughs fill is nicely under local anesthesia.

+2

Tear troughs fill is nicely but need to be done slowly such as 3 weekly sessions a little at a time.  Radiesse diluted  does good for most patients and lasts about 1 yr.  I am in the los angeles area at 310-273-8006.

sincerely,

dr hansen

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon