What to Do if a Doctor Does Not Do His Job Right?

I've done a liposuction a couple of days ago. I paid to do upper/lower abs and flanks.(paid in cash) But I realized 15 days later that he haven't touched my flanks. So, yesterday i went to another surgeon to ask for a second opinion, and he also assured me that this was true.

My "fat" flanks, is still here. So, my question is. What can i do? There's any law that will help me, in case if he doesn't want to do this? I have the receiver, and before pictures. So i have a proof.

What to do.

+3

Why not speak to the doctor directly.  It is possible he forgot or you and he had different ideas of what the flanks were.  That would be the easiest thing t do.  Do you remember if he marked the areas prior to anesthesia or suctioning you? Good luck.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Ask your surgeon if you think they didn't do the liposuction you wanted

+2

Rather than seeing a new doctor for an opinion, you should be asking your surgeon. Let him or her answer your question. Was there a misunderstanding? Please do this before you start seeing other opinions or requesting such on line.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Unhappy patient

+2

If you are unhappy, you should speak with the doctor and review what was done for you.  I would think that the doctor would want a satisfied patient.

What to Do if a Doctor Does Not Do the Liposuction I paid for?

+2

Your question covers 2 important topics:
1. Plastic Surgery SELECTION
2. COMMUNICATION with your Plastic Surgeon (before and after your Surgery).

If you are SURE that you paid for an area to be liposuctioned and that it was not - EITHER your surgeon forgot to do it or decided not to do it.  This is EXTREMELY rare in Plastic surgery done by Plastic surgeons who are members of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons.

Routinely before surgery, the nurse reviewing the surgery WILL ask you what EXACT surgery are you having (NOT because she does not know but to make sure you state the same operation she will be a part of). Your surgeon will be asked to affirm the operation when he signs your operative permit and AGAIN just before surgery during the official "time Out" break every OR now performs. That leads me to believe your surgery was not done in an accredited facility.

Your surgeon SHOULD have:
- discussed the area before surgery when you met to get your prescriptions and go over any further questions you may have
- should have marked the area just before surgery. If he did not WHY did you not ask any questions at the time?

While COST is an important consideration, it should be way down on the list of factors by which you should choose your surgeon. A cheap surgeon is cheap for several reasons, none of which conducive for a pleasant and safe experince with great results.  Please, review the link below to see if you fell for any of the pit falls listed. If you had your surgery with an unethical, "marginal board" certified individual, you may choose to look for other resources.

Peter A Aldea, MD

+2

Agree with Dr Schuster, but from the tone of your post things between your surgeon and you have broken down. Because you obtained a second opinion after 2 weeks shows this. I feel thee was a mis communication. Did the surgeon mark the area in question before the operation? Or better yet was the surgeon even a boarded PS? I might guess he was not. If he was than if it were me I would offer a touch up at no charge. But you need to keep the lines of communication open. Please give us follow up. 

+2

Dear italiangirl,

I would discuss your concerns directly with your surgeon. It sounds like there may be a misunderstanding.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD