Best Doctor in Indianapolis for Breast Augmentation

there are so many board certified docs in indianapolis doing BA that it is hard to filter through to the good ones. Does anyone know a PS in indianapolis area that does a good job with breast augmentation and lipo?

How to pick a plastic surgeon for breast implants.

+1

Tips on picking surgeon for breast implants

Answer by George J. Beraka, MD
1) Is the surgeon a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? Members usually do a lot of cosmetic surgery.

2) Did you sense a commitment to excellence in thet implants office. Did the surgeon spend a lot of time with you? Someone who rushes through the consultation may rush through the surgery.

3) Were you treated as an individual? Did the surgeon present you with a surgical plan tailor made for you?

4) Plastic surgeons have to have a good eye and meticulous technique. Did the surgeon show you A LOT of before and after pictures, and did you love the results?

5) Talk to other doctors you know. Established plastic surgeons have a reputation in the community, good or bad.

6) Ask to speak to a patient who has had the procedure you want. You are looking for a surgeon who does a lot of what you want. Many patients are eager to share their experience. Privacy is preserved by having the patient call you.

7) If you are having breast augmentation, ask if the surgeon has a large inventory of different size and shape breast implants available in the operating room. A surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery will have an inventory. This way, the final implant choice does not have to be made in advance.

8) With office surgery, make sure the surgical facility is ACCREDITED. Very important safety assurance.

9) Make sure the anesthesia is given by a BOARD CERTIFIED ANESTHESIOLOGIST. Another very important safety factor.

10) Make sure the office has trained nurses available for hands-on post operative care. This can really speed recovery.

Dr. Joseph Fata would be one good choice

+1

One surgeon you should consider seeing is dr joseph fata at rennaissance plastic surgery. the suggestions in dr edwards response are all very good and you should incorporate them as you pursue your goal. good luck in your quest!

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

"Best" plastic surgeon in your area

+1

You are correct that there are many board-certified plastic surgeons in your area. You have shown good insight thus far in your quest to find the right plastic surgeon for you. I have attached a series of commonly asked questions I provide for patients visiting my website. These can be used in any geographic area. You should verify credentials and chose only a board-certified plastic surgeon. Talk with friends or your gynecologist for recommendations of a plastic surgeon they know and trust. Visit their websites and look through before and after pictures. They should place photos of what they consider their better results.Then you should schedule a consultation or more and see if you like the feel of the office. Plastic surgery is a very personal choice and should most definitely not be based on the prices they offer you. In the end you should go with your guy as to who you will help you get the results you are after and properly care for you after surgery.

I wishe you well.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS