I Need a Doctor in Northern Virginia for Liposonix for Abdomen + flanks?

Finding Plastic Surgeon for Treatment of Abdomen?

+2

It will be up to you to do your due diligence in the process of plastic surgeon selection. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

I would suggest  that you select your plastic surgeon carefully,  not based on the fact that he/she offers a specific procedure.

Liposuction vs. Liposonix treatment for the abdomen and waistline

+1

Abdomen and flanks are excellent areas to undergo non surgical fat reduction with the Liposonix treatment.  If you are considering this option, speak to a board certified plastic surgeon who is an expert in liposuction and the Liposonix procedure. 

Liposonix uses High Intensity Focused Ultrasound to target fat cells without damaging the skin.  Patients in my practice now benefit from this technology as an alternative to liposuction and surgical body contouring. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Visit the Liposonix website.

+1

Liposonix has been in Canada for over a decade, but was FDA-approved for use in the United States in 2011. This is a very exciting technology and we have many happy patients. However,the machine and the treatment tips are expensive, so there are not that many doctors who own the technology due to the economy. The best place to go to find which doctors who have the technology is the website. I have listed the site below. Regards.

Christine Glavey, MD (retired)
Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon