How Can I Tell if a Doctor is Good in Fat Transfer?

If there is nothing negative on Internet about the doctor, was recommended by someone else (but different surgeries) and has been doing fat grafting for at least 10 years is good enough (about 20 per year)? Thank you.

Fat Transfer

+1

The best way to make sure that you will be happy, is to look at the plastic surgeon's before and after. You should also be prepared to ask questions regarding the photos.  Look at the photos critically and ask for photos of the smae patiemt from multiple angles. You can only be as good as one of his/her best pictures. Do not ever assume that you will get a better result. Just similar.

How to choose your Plastic Surgeon

+1

Personal referal is ideal, knowledge of his/her work before, Board Certified in the field of practice, Reputation, All are important in chosing a Doctor.

Call the specialty society to check on certification

Talk with other patients.

Fat Transfer

+1

It sounds like you have been doing your research. Fat grafting is not a very technical procedure, so from what you have said I would feel comfortable with the surgeon. What you should do is to look at the before and after photos as well.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-fat-grafting.php

Checking out a physicians expereince, referrals and evaulautons

+1

It sounds as if you are seeing a qualified and experienced surgeon with a personal referral. These sound like decent indicators of competence and proficiency, in my opinion. 

Fat injections

+1

That's a good track record, to have been doing a procedure for ten years. Some do much more, but they may not necessarily be better. Rarely, some prior patients might be willing to communicate with you if the doctor reaches out to their prior patients.