Can the Doctor Give Me an Idea of What my Nose Will Look Like After Surgery?

I have a bump in my nose. Is there is anyway for the doctor to show me either digitally or pictures of another nose so I have an idea of what it will look like after surgery. I am looking for a doctor and price estimate. I am willing to travel anywhere in the USA for someone who does good work.

Computer imaging gives an idea of rhinoplasty results

+1

We have a 3-D self imager called FaceTouchUp imbedded on our web site at www.seattlefacial.com. Any patient can go in, upload a photograph, and manipulate their image on their own computer imaging online. The price of a rhinoplasty is approximately $6,000.00 in the Seattle area, which usually includes the operating room, anesthesia, and surgeon’s fee.

Computer imaging vs. before and after photos

+1

Great question!

There is a lot of debate about this subject. I always show my before and after photos, since the patient  can see an ACTUAL result rather than a computer generated image. I tell the patient make sure you like my post-operative result because you will achieve a similar (but not identical) result.

Regarding price, I agree most expensive is not necessarily the best. You should research the surgeon's background and meet with him/her to make sure you feel comfortable with the surgeon. Of course, pre and post-operative photos are essential to see.  Here, in Southern California, the price for quality rhinoplasty will vary from $6000-15000.

Best of Luck.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Pre-Operative Consultation

+1

Digital imaging or drawing on your pictures can help you establish pre-operative goals. However, an experienced surgeon will show you multiple results of noses like yours. Do not shop price. The most expensive is not necessarily the best, but don't let cost be the only parameter.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

+1

Computer imaging has become the standard pre-operative tool for the rhinoplasty surgeon. It sold school to cling to the belief it causes too rigid patient expectations. And the other issue of medico legal risk to the surgeon can be dealt with by truly informed consent. The cost is truly market driven, with more popular, (and hopefully better!) surgeons charging more. You're a great candidate, so go for it.

Oakley Smith, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Computer Imaging Should Be a Part of Every Rhinoplasty Consult

+1

Computer imaging is not a perfect technology for every type of cosmetic surgery, but it is excellent for visualizing the potential results of cosmetic rhinoplasty. You should seek out a qualified cosmetic rhinoplasty expert in your area who offers computer imaging as a standard part of the consult. If your surgeon is an expert, they will be able to show you different degrees of change to your nose and use your morphed images as a communication tool to come to some agreement on the appropriate surgical plan.

You can find more information about computer imaging by clicking the link below.

Sincerely,

Dr. Buonassisi

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Computer imaging demonstrates rhinoplasty potential

+1

Computer imaging has become an important part of  the rhinoplasty consultation process. Digital imaging helps avoid vague terms such as a tip which is too bulbous, or a nose that looks too big. Some changes can be more obvious like a full nasal hump, but many other aspects of a great nasal shape can be difficult to describe. We find digital imaging and alteration of patient images a very effective way to help us show the true potential of rhinoplasty, and help the patient show just what change they find attractive. It may not guarantee a particular result, but it does give a clear image of the goal in mind, and a chance to see before if you like it or not.

peterejohnsonmd

Computer Imaging for Rhinoplasty

+1

Photos of your nose can be manipulated on a computer screen to give you some sense of what different changes in your nose will look like.  While this is not a guarantee of postoperative appearance, I find that it is very helpful to my patients in my rhinoplasty consultations.  Many plastic surgeons utilize this technology, and I think you will enjoy visualizing the different things that can be done with rhinoplasty.  Good luck with your surgery!

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

What my nose will look like after

+1

Computer imaging vs see post operative photos or both? Tough question. I feel computer imaging gives the patient a unrealistic idea of the appearance of their noses. It seems healing is a multi demensional phenomena. That never really approaches the computer image given, thusly, a false hope. Seeing photos of previous patients seems to be the better way to demonstrate the artistic eye and skill of the surgeon. The combination I find confuses most. I guess the real answer it is a leap of faith.

From MIAMI DR. B

Computer Imaging can help you see how you'll look after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

Computer Imaging is a routine part of a Rhinoplasty Consultation. It lets you see how you'll look, and it reassures your surgeon that realistic expectations are established. I routinely bring computer-imaged photos to the OR as a reference to what was established pre-operatively.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Getting an idea of post rhinoplasty result on your nose.

+1

Any surgeon can do this either with imaging or your photos. But this is quite misleading. My son can make you a great nose on the computer and he knows nothing about rhinoplasty. Go to an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon whose results you like the best.