Doctor says I have to gain 10 lbs for BBL since I do not have enough of right type of fat needed for it. Suggestions? (photo)

I am trying to get a Brazilian Butt lift but having problems gaining all the weight needed. I started out 118 at 5'2 1/2" which to me is alot already but solid with not the right type of body fat needed doc said. I am now eating fatty foods and put on 6 lbs but still not enough doc said. I do not want to give up or get butt implants but worried about health in short term weight gain for me. I am in good health but since this diet I am sleepy, sluggish a lot so unsure what to do.

If I Gain 10 Pounds, Will I Have More Fat Available For A BBL?

+4

The good news is, you appear in your photographs to have enough fat for a BBL.

The bad news is, Urban Legends still abound in plastic surgery. By that I mean you had all the fat cells you are ever going to have in your body when you went through puberty. The theory that if you gain weight, you will have more fat cells to put into your butt to create a larger butt which will increase the amount of your Brazilian butt lift is patently ridiculous.

People under 300 pounds are incapable of actually growing new fat cells. Actually, when you gain weight, you increase the size of the cell (hypertrophy), not the number of cells (hyperplasia). When a plastic surgeon harvests fat from any area, we are attempting to harvest healthy cells. Obviously cells that are overstuffed with fat are more fragile, more likely to burst in the harvesting process, and therefore not only the fat is lost, but the cell itself often gets destroyed. Ergo, the more you eat, the more likely you are to engorge cells which may not survive the fat grafting process.

To create a larger and therefore lifted or more protruding buttocks, one transfers CELLS containing fat, not fat. Free fat or burst cells do not survive the transfer process, and their existence in an area of fat grafting only increases the inflammatory process which may, in fact, decrease the ultimate size of a BBL.

Bottom line, eating more to gain weight to have fat cells available for a BBL makes no sense.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Doctor says I have to gain 10 lbs for BBL since I do not have enough of right type of fat needed for it. Suggestions?

+2

Hello. Thank you for the pictures and detailed information. It sounds like your surgeon is making the correct recommendations. I agree with my fellow surgeons in stating that normally around 1/3 of the fat injected into the buttocks via a Brazilian butt lift will shrink, so it is important that your surgeon have enough to work with to make sure you get the results that best fit your body. 

Constantino G. Mendieta, MD

Gaining weight

+2

According to your body type my suggestion is to gain 10-15 pounds so more fat cells can be harvested for the injection. The fat is absorbing process by your body after injection happens the first 3 months so more fat has to be injected in order to leave the desired amount in the the area.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain before Brazilian buttock lift

+2

You have a fairly good shape already, if you are interested in more volume then a few more pounds would be great. Your shape can also be further accentuated with this procedure. Remember, about a third of the fat injected will shrink, so you always want to go into the surgery with as much fat as possible for your surgeon to work with.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Based on the pictures posted, you have areas of fat deposits that can be harvested for transfer to the buttock. This also would contour your body figure.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com

Weight Gain and BBL?

+2

I would transfer fat from your abdomen, flanks, medial thighs, lower buttocks, and full back. That will get you 300-500 cc per side which would be in the range I would shoot for for your body type.

Good Luck!

Dr Shifrin

David Shifrin, MD

BBL and weight gain

+2

To me, at least from the photos, it looks like you might have enough fat reserves for a brazilian butt lift.

+2

I would not gain any more weight. You can obtain a great result at your current weight.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Butt implants or Fat butt augmentation

+2

The only 2 ways to have bibigger butts is Butt imp or BBL. On my personal opinion , i get better results with BBL. But you need to have enough fat to extract.118 is really not enough..but if cant gain weight you could have butt implants.

Alejandro Hernandez Pizzoglio, MD