Which Doctor to Go for a Confirmation on a Suspected Lipoma?

I am a med student and I am 99% certain that I have a lipoma on my leg on my legs which is now limiting my exercise and causing pain, how ever I do not remember to whom to go to have it confirmed.

Most dermatologist are comfortable with both the diagnosis and treatment of lipomas

Most dermatologist are comfortable with both the diagnosis and treatment of lipomas.   Most dermatologist are very comfortable and experienced in treating lipomas.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

I would recommend a dermatologist, and possibly dermatologic surgeon

I would recommend a board-certified dermatologist, minimum, and preferably, one that is also a surgeon who can perform a procedure to remove the lipoma, assuming that's what it is. A dermatologist at minimum can diagnosis it for you and send you to a surgeon, but if you can find a physician who does both, that's even better.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD