Which Doctor to Go for a Confirmation on a Suspected Lipoma?

I am a med student and I am 99% certain that I have a lipoma on my leg on my legs which is now limiting my exercise and causing pain, how ever I do not remember to whom to go to have it confirmed.

Most dermatologist are comfortable with both the diagnosis and treatment of lipomas

+1

Most dermatologist are comfortable with both the diagnosis and treatment of lipomas.   Most dermatologist are very comfortable and experienced in treating lipomas.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

I would recommend a dermatologist, and possibly dermatologic surgeon

+1

I would recommend a board-certified dermatologist, minimum, and preferably, one that is also a surgeon who can perform a procedure to remove the lipoma, assuming that's what it is. A dermatologist at minimum can diagnosis it for you and send you to a surgeon, but if you can find a physician who does both, that's even better.