Can a doctor estimate how well the results of neck Liposuction will be by examining beforehand?

I'm considering getting a neck/chin/jaw lipo, but after seeing pictures on realself, I've see a vast difference in results, some better than others. I understand this all depends on the skin, and where the fat is around the neck, but will doctor be able to tell me how much fat they think they can remove before the surgery? (And before I decide to pay thousands). Because, if results are minimal, then I'd simply rather not do the procedure.

Based upon your previous questions and pictures, I would get to a healthy weight and then be reevaluated.  The pictures you have posted recently make me think that the procedure would not be worthwhile.

Preoperative exam of skin quality and elasticity will help Plastic Surgeon predict results from liposuction of the neck.

It will be fairly clear after a physical exam whether your neck skin will respond to liposuction to contour the neck. I also find that combining preoperative skin care with Retinol, and careful postoperative bandaging and support of the neck area for up to two weeks also helps control the contouring. I have also added Precision Tx Contouring (Laser assisted liposuction) to treat the fat and heat the skin to stimulate skin contracture for the past two years which has improved the results. Good luck.

Laurie Casas, MD

Lipo

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation is required in order to determine which procedures and techniques would be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Experience plastic surgeon can give you a decent idea what to expect fromLiposuction of the chin and neck

.Obliquity in the chin and neck can be multifactorial. Sometimes liposuction can help a lot and sometimes it has absolutely no role. And experienced plastic surgeon. After direct physical examination should be able to give you some idea.

Predicting neck liposuction result

Thank you for your neck lift question.

• You need a face-to-face examination by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
  • That exam will tell if you have fat under the skin or under the muscle.
  • That helps decide if the fat can be removed.
  • The exam also determines if your skin will shrink down and if there are other issues, such as a weak chin that need additional treatment
  • Review your photos before surgery with your surgeon to be sure that what you want done, the surgeon is confident can be treated. 
  • Surgery cannot always turn out exactly as expected - but most people are very pleased. Best wishes.

Liposuction and Expected Results

As the other doctors have said, your initial consultation should be able to elucidate what your anticipated results would be with whatever procedure is discussed.  An experienced physician will be able to lead you in the right direction and suggest what would be best for you.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Results

Thank you for your question and I agree thoroughly with Dr Stephenson's response 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Consultation and honesty with procedures

During your consultation your physician should tell you honestly what treatments are best for you was treatments are not the best for you. Is our goal is plastic surgeons to be honest and forthright and to deliver services to meet your expectations. We do not want to prescribe treatments that will waste your time and money.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS