Why is It OK for Doctor to Not Disclose He Does Not Tighten Muscles?

I went in for pre op with doctor. I was informed that he does not tighten the muscles of the stomach. The surgery was set for the next day. Web site showed tightning of muscle. Why is this ok? It was too late. Now my tummy is very loose and is not the look I was expecting. What am I to do?

Miscommunication with Your Plastic Surgeons

+1

Your question has multiple inconsistencies: "I went in for pre op with doctor. I was informed that he does not tighten the muscles of the stomach. The surgery was set for the next day. Web site showed tightening of muscle. Why is this ok? It was too late. "
- WHY would anyone schedule her surgery a day after a preliminary consultation?
- If you knew that muscle tightening was required, why did you proceed with an operation you knew was plainly "wrong" for you?
- What possible power forced you to be coerced into a surgery by feeling it was "too" late?

Plastic surgeons compete fiercely with each other based on their results. I cannot understand why a Plastic surgeon would knowingly perform a substandard operation and why a seemingly well-educated patient would let him do so.

There is a lot in your statement that is inconsistent in my opinion.  Sorry.

Poor communication between surgeon and patient

+1

While some patients clearly do not remember what a doctor tells them, I am still amazed by the number of recent posts by patients who claim their doctor didn't do what they said they were going to do or didn't tell them what would be done.  There are too may excellent doctors out there for you to choose from so as to not to have to go to one who doesn't communicate well with you.  A preop the day before surgery is too close to the surgery because if anything needs to change ie an implant size, there isn't time to do it. It's too late at that point in my opinion.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Muscle tightening with a tummy tuck is not always a routine portion of procedure

+1

I am a little confused. Was this not discussed at the original consultation? How severe was your diastasis?