Botox Units

My doctor says that his botox is 2 units per .1 cc. Does that sound correct?

If you are getting good results with Botox, then it doesn't matter what formulation the doc is using since it is working.

+2

Docs can mix up the botox or Dysport to whatever concentration they feel is best for the patient and the areas being treated.  As long as you are getting good results, then be happy and trust your doc.  1 area is usually $300-350, 2 areas is $500-600 and 3 areas is $675-800. (glabella or frown creases are 1 area,  lateral canthi or smile lines on the sides of the eyes together are 1 area, and forehead creases are 1 area).

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox units and dilution

+1

Botox units and dilutions are often confusing to patients. Botox is packaged as 100 units of dry powder in a vial. The physician needs to dissolve it in saline solution to make it a liquid for injection. The amount ranges from 1 cc to 5 cc of saline. The vial still contains 100 units of Botox.

For example:

• with a 1 cc dilution each 0.1 cc of liquid Botox would be 10 units of Botox.
  • with a 2 cc dilution each 0.1 cc of liquid Botox would be 5 units of Botox

Most doctors use 1, 2 or 2.5 cc of saline. It doesn't matter, as long as the physician is an experienced injector of Botox. The only logical way to discuss Botox is by units, since cc's and syringes varies depending on dilution.

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Dilution of Botox

+1

I prefer to hydrate my Botox so that there are 5 units per each 0.1 ml of inejction.  This is a mixture of 2 cc's of saline per vial.  I like it concentrated. 

Botulinum toxin preparation

+1

You can dilute Botox to nearly any concentration you desire. Generally the botox insert recommends that it be prepared at 4 units per cc

Web reference: http://bodysculptor.com/botox.html

Botox units

+1
Moast doctors use more concentrated units than you have had but that dilution of 5 ccs of water to one vial of 100 units of Botox was used more in the earlier days of Botox. If it is diluyed more then there is a concern of affecting nearby muscles that should not get treated.

Dilution is matter of MD preference

+1

The important thing is to get enough UNITS. Your doctor is using very diluted Botox (he dilutes with 5 cc, most doctors use 1-2.5cc). This is OK as long as he uses enough units to get the lasting result and as long as the increased volume does not result in unwanted diffusion.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Botox dilution

+1

Typically, dermatologists use anywhere from 2- 2.5 cc normal saline to dilute one 100 unit vial of Botox. That means if 2 cc are used precise concentrations may be calculated. At a 2cc dilution, there are 50 units per cc or 5 units per tenth (.1) of a cc.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox units

+1

The number of units per cc I a mathematical measure of concentration. I depends on the dilution that your doctor uses. The Botox comes feeze dried and your doctor must add saline. Adding 5 cc of saline makes the concentration 2 units per 0.1 cc. Different doctors use different dilutions and it depends in what they are most comfortable with. It is the number of units injected that matters, not the concentration.