Hello doctor, before one year, I fell down and hurted my leg and now I have a big scar. What should I do for that? (photo)

I want to get rid of my scar. What should I do to get rid of it ? It would be very grateful of you if you could tell a possible solution for it.

Topical treatment of leg scars with Melarase and Plato's Scar Serum

+1
Our office specializes in scar revision. We would begin treatment with Melarase creams and Plato's Scar Serum to improve the texture and color of your scar on the leg. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Scar On Leg After Fall, How Treat?

+1
Scars are permanent, nothing can ever get rid of them completely.  However, fractional laser technology is quite useful even in old, white or pigmented scars.  I would consider seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with expertise in lasers.  It will take many treatments and likely only get a little better, but may be less noticeable which could make you happy.  See someone who performs many treatments and knows how to treat scars with pigmentation.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.