Orange County Doctor for Transumbilical Breast Augmentation?

Im looking for a doctor in my area (orange county) that preforms Transumbilical breast augmentation. If you do this prosedure what is the cost vrs. a reg. implant surgury. I am a 36 small to med size D cup and am thinking of going back to full D small DD which is where I was last year before I lost all my wheight. Also saline vrs. silicone ive heard so much good and bad about both is there someplace for me to look it up and get the true facts I want my surg in the begining of April. Thank you!

Finding the best breast augmentation surgeon for you

+2

I recommend you find a board certified plastic surgeon who is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).  To find a member ASPS surgeon near you, please visit the ASPS website link.  I've listed it below for you.  Best of luck.

Differences between silicone and saline implants

+2

Both silicone and saline implants can look natural, but silicone implants feel significantly more natural.  Silicone is about $800 more expensive.  There is something called rippling, which is where you can see or feel the implant (usually on the side or the bottom of the breast) and that is more common with saline.  If a saline implant ruptures, it will go flat and your body will absorb the fluid (salt-water).  This will not cause any medical problem.  If a silicone implant ruptures, it will stay the same shape and the silicone will not leak out.  This will also not cause a medical problem - in fact you may not even know unless you got an MRI of the breasts.  A rupture would require another operation to repair.  Good luck!

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

TUBA

+2

The best place to start to find a plastic surgeon in Orange County is to go to the ASPS or ASAPS websites. 

Sagging after breast augmentation

+2

TUBA procedure can only be performed with a saline implant. It cannot be used on all comers because if there is any breast asymmetry or nipple malposition that usually requires a skin incision on the breast. If the nipples are in the right position, there is no asymmetry and all of the native breast tissue is centered under the nipple there is nothing wrong with the TUBA as long as you know that you can only have saline and the approach punches a hole in the shelf that the implant sits on.

If you are currently a 36D bra size and want to be a 36DD I would refuse to perform the surgery on you no matter what incision you wanted for placement of the implants. In my opinion you will be setting yourself up for repeated breast surgeries in the future to correct the drooping that will inevitably occur over time.

Aaron Stone, MD

When Is a TUBA the best operation

+2

I perform TUBA's and I love the operation FOR THE RIGHT PATIENT.   I always stress that the most important issue is to make a beautiful breast, not hide the incision in the umbilicus.  First of all, only saline implants can be used for a TUBA, so if silicone is more appropriate for you, go with the silicone.  Second, if there is a lot of loose tissue, like after weight loss or pregnancies, the TUBA may not be the best procedure.  Often in these situations the patient may need more of a pronounced dissection between the breast tissue and the muscle, or maybe a lift is required.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs TUBA's and get his or her opinion about which operation will create the nicest result.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Transumbilical Breast Augmentation aka TUBA

+2

TUBA commits you to a saline implant as you can't put a gel implant thru an endoscope. Also, if you are already a D cup are you sure you want to commit yourself to further surgery down the road (lifts or implant replacement)? Make sure you get at least 3 opinions because as long as your check doesn't bounce you'll get someone to do your surgery whether it is a good idea or not....

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

TUBA (Trans Umbilical Breast Augmention) In Orange County

+1

Dear Daisy,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Finding the right surgeon is crucial for TUBA surgeries as it is of a delicate nature and I encourage you to seek a board certified surgeon of extensive experience in that field.

As for the Saline versus Silicone, the silicone implants have more natural and less rippling effects than the saline ones in general.

Nonetheless, every patient is different and the procedure is determined mainly by the goals and the anatomical features the patient has.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

TUBA Breast Augmentation

+1

Please contact the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) for a listing of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. Please go into your consultation with an open mind. As you have read from the comments on here, this approach is not commonly used for good reason. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation, Breast Enlargement, Breast Implants

+1

Be careful with this type of surgery.  It is better to place a small scar on or near the breast than to tunnel from such a long distance away.  This procedure may void your implant warranty. 

Jay H. Ross, MD
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

The TUBA (transumbilical approach) has its limitations.

+1

The TUBA (transumbilical approach) is attractive because of the location of the scar but it is generally used to place implants in the subglandular (not submuscular) position and I prefer the submuscular approach. I have found that the submuscular location results in: 1)more tissue covering the implant for a more natural look 2) improved mammograms when compared to the subglandular implants and 3) decreased rate of capsular contracture.

TUBA approach is also limited to saline implants.