How Can I Get Permanent Results From Juvederm?

Hi Doctor , I Am 26 Year Old and Have Hollow Eye Since I Was 19. Recently i got juvederm filler injected in my eye i am not seeing any side effect .I want it to be parmanent and I also don't want to get any more injections. is it possible with good diet and yoga to make the effects permanent? Please advise me. Thanks in advance

Juvederm is not permanent

+1

Since Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid filler, it will slowly dissolve.  Diet and Yoga will not affect it.  Fat grafting would last much longer but involves injections.

Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm results are temporary

+1

Hi Prakash. Juvederm is a  hyaluronic acid filler, which provides temporary effects. There is no evidence to suggest that any dietary or behavioral practices will enhance the longevity of results. Good luck.

James M. Pearson, MD

No perfect filler and Juvederm can't be permanent

+1

Unfortunately no activity or frame of mind can make Juvederm's effects last forever.  Hyaluronic acid fillers dissolve.  If the effect is something you love, you might seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon who does fat repositioning or fat grafts by direct placement surgically.  Fat grafts may develop their own blood supply and this may make the fat live in the new area. Avoid silicone in this area as migration and granulomas can occur and this would require surgical excision.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Can Juvederm results be made permanent?

+1

Juvederm is a temporary filler.  Results from a Juvederm treatment cannot be made permanent --even with diet and exercise. 

Dina Strachan, MD         NYC dermatologist         212-627-1004

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Juvederm vs. Fat Grafting

+1

Thanks for the question.  Juvederm is great for temporarily filling that area in, but there is no way to make it permanent.  The best way to permanently fill-in that area is with facial fat grafting.  When done by a well-experienced plastic surgeon, it should last a very long time.  One thing to remember with fat grafting is that some portion of it does absorb back into the body.  That said, I find most non-smoking clients get a very long-lasting result that they are happy with for many years.

I do a lot of facial fat grafting, and many choose to fill-in the area under their eyes.  Its' a popular way to look refreshed without a removing skin (blepharoplasty) or getting Juvederm regularly.  

Steven Svehlak, MD

Juvederm is not permanent

+1

A good diet and yoga will not change the fact that Juvederm is a temporary product. In general it lasts 6-9 months. It actually lasts longer than that in the undereye region when the filler is injected deep (along the bone). Some patients find over time that they don't need as much or as frequent injections to maintain the appearance. For longer lasting results you can consider fat grafting to this area. This too has it's own risks and benefits, and may need additional touch-up procedures over time.

Anita Patel, MD

Juvederm

+1

Unfortunately it is not permanent. Besides fat grafting, there is no permanent treatment for lines and wrinkles

Michael Hueneke, MD

Juvederm not permanent

+1

Unfortunately, Juvederm is not a permanent filler.  As stated by others, there is no evidence showing that diet and excercise can help to prolong the effects of fillers.  If you are looking for a more permanent fix, fat injections may be a possibility - but you should have a consultation with an experienced physician to discuss if you are a good candidate.

Alison Stallings, MD
Tarrytown Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm is temporary

+1

Can diet, exercise, yoga etc, help Juvederm injection be permanent? The answer is no. Nothing can make Juvederm to be permanent which is one of its benefits.

Harlow Hollis, MD
Victoria Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and permanent results?

+1

Sorry but there is no way to make Juvederm a permanent part of your anatomy.  The best results for "permanence" is to use your own tissue(fat grafting) or the use of implants.

Ernesto Hayn, MD