Scrambled Eggs Ok to Eat Before Smartlipo

I will be having my smart lipo on my upper and lower abs and waist on 12/30th the doc said i could eat that morning.... are scrambled eggs ok to eat ? Regards, Jade

What Can I eat before my SmartLipo Operation?

+2

Regarding: "Scrambled Eggs Ok to Eat Before Smartlipo
"

In all fairness to your doctor, you should really direct this question to him / her. His / her idea of breakfast may not match your idea or any of the Plastic surgeons viewing your question.

In general, most Plastic surgeons would prefer that if you did eat, it should be a light diet. The concern being that if you needed additional sedation in addition to the tumescent solution, in some cases patients vomit. When vomiting, there is always a possibility, especially in a sedated or a semi-aware person, that the vomit may find itself into the airway causing extreme lung damage. Therefore, the emptier the stomach in a sedated patient, the safer the patient.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Liposuction and eating

+1

I perform liposuction under anesthesia with a board certified anesthesiologist.  This means that patients can not eat anything after midnight if they are the first case of the day.  You have to ask your surgeon.

Scrambled eggs prior to cosmetic plastic surgery

+1

Eggs are a great source of protein which is very important to the healing process. I do not see any reason why you cannot eat this if you are having the procedure under local and do not have dietary restrictions.