More Wrinkles After Eyelid Surgery

Had lower bleph,w/eye fat put in tear trough, fat repositioned onto cheek bones,"tissue" btw. eyes in frown lines,+lift of face, brow,+ CO2 laser. Now 7 wks.later, eyes look "mean" w/less space btw. brow and eyes, less space for eye shadow,."lumps" under and btw. eyes and swelling gone, but now "black"in corners toward nose appeared last wk.No upper bleph needed before,now wrinkles and loose skin may need upper bleph. Top of head still dead.Wrinkles back at mouth. Will eyes get better? Need help

More healing time may be required after eyelid surgery

+2

At the very least, you have had a good amount of plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures to the face and eyes.  With simple Blepharoplasty, I tell my patients it takes 3 months to see the final results and you've had more than a simple Bleph.  Give yourself a few more months and see how things look and feel at that time.  You shouldn't rush and have anything else done, IMHO until then.

Recovery from Facial and Eyelid surgery

+2

It is very difficult to know what exactly is going on without postop pictures, but, honestly, its only been 7 weeks. While this is usually enough time for the majority of "settling" to occur and swelling to go down, with as much as you had done, its not surprising for things to be delayed. 

I would recommend returning to your doctor for frequent evaluations every few weeks to check on your progress. If after 8-12 months you still have the issues to which you refer, you may entertain other options.

C. Coleman Brown, MD, FACS
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery Recovery with CO2 laser

+1

Hi Wondering,

It appears you've had many procedures on the eyelids, cheeks, and midface. CO2 laser in addition to surgery requires more recovery than eyelid surgery alone. 7 weeks may still be relatively early in the recovery period  based on the procedures you've described. Speak with your plastic surgeon. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can he/she help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early changes after facial and eyelid surgery

+1

There are many changes that occur after facial surgery, especially if they are combined.  If you notice subtle differences after 7 weeks of healing, I would recommend you see your surgeon and discuss the particular procedures he or she performed.

The good news is this is still early in the overall recovery process.  Thanks for your question.

Jason Lichtenberger, MD
Bellingham Facial Plastic Surgeon