Can Doc Use Genral Anesthsia Again if Used 15 Days Ago for Mini Tummy Tuck and Breast Aug?

I got breast augmentation and mini tummy tuck was under genral anesthisia for 4 hrs. can doc use general again to remove breast implants? Very scared. but i really want the implants removed.

Anesthesia

+1

Provided that you are in good overall health, you should be able to have general anesthesia within 4 weeks of the original surgery. Ensure that the facility is utilizing a board certified anesthesiologist. Also ensure that you have had sufficient time to consider whether implant removal is in your best interests.

Anesthesia

+1

I agree that it is usually safe to go under general anesthesia within 4 weeks of your first surgery.. I use board certified anesthesiologists for my procedures, I would just make sure you have someone good administering the anesthesia and that you don't have any other medical conditions they should be aware of.

In regards to removing your implants, make sure that you are not making this decision without thinking it out clearly. Many patients are emotional after cosmetic surgery (which is normal) and you should really have a discussion with your surgeon to make sure your concerns are addressed.

General anesthesia afer cosmetic surgery

+1

As long as you're cleared by your medical doctors and the anesthesiologists, you should be okay to have general anesthesia again.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Breast Implant removal

+1

Yes.  You may have another anesthesia when given by a board certified anesthesiologist if you are young nad healthy.  Regarding your implants, you should discuss your concern with your surgeon.  Sometimes, it may be possible to remove an implant under local anesthesia if the incision is easily accessible.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Reoperate in 15 days?

+1

I wait  6 weeks between anesthesia before re-operating. It has worked well for me and allowed clearing any concerns I may have. The biggest concern is blood clots with cumulative time .  Talk to your BC Plastic Surgeon and make a plan. Good Luck.

Paul Albear, MD

Repeated anesthesia

+1

There is no added risk to having another general anesthetic 4 weeks after your last one.  If you have carefully considered your decision to have your implants removed so soon and that is all you want I would personally use local anesthesia with a little oral sedation.  Your incisions can be quickly numbed and the removal done in a short space of time.  Generally I dislike doing cases with local anesthesia, but this one is pretty easy for the patient and the surgeon.  I have used it to exchange implants and replace deflated ones.

Why you would want your implants replaced so soon is another discussion, but like my colleagues here I would encourage you to wait another month or two.  The breasts will change shape and settle.  Most of the patients I have had who thought they wanted their implants out right after surgery changed their minds by three months.  I have had two (out of 3000+) who didn't and had their implants removed.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

Lori H. Saltz, MD

Anesthesia after a procedure

+1
Yes you can have anesthesia shortly after having had another operation. It is certainly safe if performed by a board certified anesthesiologist or other well trained provider. However, mist concerning is your desire to remove your implants. If you are concerned with size then consider downsizing rather than removal, though you should allow your implants to settle and swelling to go down prior to making that decision. If you must remove them because of infection then by all means proceed.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal

+1

You can have a general anesthesia now.  You did not indicate why you wish to have your implants out.  I would advise you to wait about a month to see what the final result will be.  Most patients following augmentation think they are to large and are selfconscious.    It takes awhile to get used to the new you.

Gary H. Manchester, MD (retired)