Do Butt Lifts Look Real?

I'm considering a butt lift and would like to know if it feels and more importantly looks real?

Thanks for the question Eddie - I would strongly...

+2

Thanks for the question Eddie -

I would strongly encourage you to speak to a board certified plastic surgeon who performs autologous fat transfer buttock lifts (the Brazilian Butt Lift).

In my practice, we have had wonderful results with this surgery. The benefit of using your own fat is you avoid the risks of implants (inferior feel, implant shifting, infection, scar tissue). In addition you get liposuction of other typically problematic areas.

The technique does require some skill so be sure and speak with someone who has experience with the technique.

Butt lifts are real

+2

Your question is an interesting one. The feel and look of a butt lift is somewhat dependent on the technique used to perform the procedure. Also, the question that I would ask you is, are you referring to how it feels to you as the patient or to an intimate that may be "feeling" your buttocks. Certainly the use of your own tissues (i.e. fat) probably offers a more realistic feel to the buttocks than buttock implants, as far as your intimate is concerned. Implants may cause a more firm "feel". As far as the patient is concerned, even using the implant technique, the acceptance of the implants into the body self image usually results in them feeling "real" to the individual receiving them. Both techniques do offer a very real and natural look.

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Natural Buttock Augmentation

+1
Brazilian butt lift in my opinion is the best procedure to increase the size of your buttock. It has become so popular because it enables your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, but typically of the flanks, abdomen, back and thighs.

The Brazilian Butt lift allows your surgeon to use your own fat for the augmentation. Thus when the swelling resolves you will have a lifted and augmented buttock that looks and feels natural.

This procedure avoids the need for an foreign material and the entire procedure is done with your own body fat.

When considering this procedure it is very important that you have your procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon that performs this surgery routinely.

Johnny Franco, MD

Real Look!

+1

When performed by an experienced surgeon using the proper techniques, buttock augmentation is a highly satisfying and permanent procedure that enhances the profile of the buttocks and surrounding areas for a younger, firmer, curvier look.

Gregory A. Wiener, MD, FACS

Brazilian butt lift provides very natural results

+1

I prefer augmenting the buttocks using fat injections (the brazilian butt lift) and only recommend butt implants if you are very tiny with no fat in your stomach or flank area. The fat transfer method has a lower risk of infection compared to the butt implant procedure.

And not only do you get a more shapely buttock, but the area liposuctioned is now much leaner, giving your profile a more sensuous look. I prefer the brazilian butt lift, as the combination of liposuction and fat injections produces the most attractive and natural profile.

Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who's experienced in fat grafting procedures including extraction, processing, reinjection, and recovery. You might also want to see Wired Magazine's November issue. There's a great cover story article by Sharon Begley called Tissue Engineering (with adipose stem cells).

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Brazilian butt lift...

+1

The “Brazilian Butt Lift,” or gluteal lift/augmentation is a procedure designed to improve the shape and appearance of the gluteal region. This surgery uses a combination of liposuction and fat grafting (i.e. fat injections with the patient’s own fat) to produce a fuller, firmer, more youthful-appearing buttocks. This procedure is safer and the results are more natural compared to an implant.

Jaime Perez, MD

Brazillian buttock lift through fat transfer produces dramatic results

+1

Hello Eddie, Patient inquiries for buttock augmentation and lifts have have sky-rocketed in my office attesting to the popularity of these procedures. Celebrities, including Jeniffer Lopez and the Kardashians have set a new standard for buttock aesthetics. The Brazilian Buttock Lift utilizes your own fat to augment and lift. The amount of fat transferred depends on your goals, available fat, and size of your buttocks, and in my practice ranges from 250 to 1250 cc per side. Meticulous postoperative care is essential to optimized the "take" of the fat. The buttocks feel a little firmer in the months following the procedure, but this resolves with message and ultrasound treatment. In my opinion, the results are far superior to buttock auction with buttock implants.

If you have significant skin laxity, as is common with with large with loss, then a thigh and buttock lift or lower body lift may be indicated to maximize tightening and repositioning.  I frequently add fat transfer when I am doing a thigh and buttock lift for reshaping to replace volume loss, which commonly occurs in massive weight loss.

I recommend a consultation with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss the available treatment options.

Best regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Butt Lift

+1

The answer to this question is somewhat complicated.  It depends whether you wnats an actual butt lift or buttock auugmentation.  You can have a butt lift to elevate the buttock area to remove skin laxity.  Alternatively you cna augment you butt with implants or you own fat.  The latter is called a brazilian butt lift.  It augments you butt with your own fat and that procedures a lifted look.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Butt Lift Options

+1

The Brazilian Butt Lift is a procedure that can yield natural looking results.  As you receive the fat from your own body it is also safe.

Butt implants tend to yield less natural looking results and your body frequently reacts negatively to the implants.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS