Distance Running After Dysport, Safe?

I run 6-8 miles almost everyday and had my first Dysport injection yesterday. If I run 8 miles 24 hours after my treatment, should I be worried about anything?

Exercising after Botox or Dysport

+1

If administered properly, exercising should not be an issue after receiving Dysport or Botox.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Dysport

+1

I would not recommend any strenuous exercise within the first 24 hours of receiving Dysport.  After this time period, you should be fine. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Post Dysport Treatment and Exercise

+1

Thank you for your question. The usual recommendation is no vigorous exercise for the first 24 hrs. You should be fine to do your daily activities after this time period. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in injectables for the safest and most effective treatments. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Exercising the day after Dysport

+1

There are no issues with exercising the day after receiving Botox or Dysport, assuming there are no problems from the treatment.  Remember to wear sunscreen outdoors....!

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Go Enjoy Your Run

+1

In our practice, we recommend for patients to refrain from physical activity for a minimum of 4 hours following treatment of Botox, Xeomin and Dysport. You should have no issues the following day, assumming no headaches or other symptoms. Enjoy your run!

Mark Morgan, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

OK To Go

+1

Running 24 hours after dysport injections should not be a problem. I advise my patients to take the day off from physical activity following injections but have no problem returning to it the next day. Good luck!

Jeffrey Fromowitz, MD, FAAD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Distance running 24 hours after Dysport

+1

As long as you are not experiencing any side effects from the injections, running the following day should be fine. I would recommend speaking with your physician regarding his or her guidelines. Thank you and good luck!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Exercise 24 hours after facial injections

+1

Assuming there is not any bruising or any excessive swelling, there should be no problem exercising after facial injections with Dysport. In my practice, I do not have patients exercise, do yoga or pilates the evening of their injections. It is very safe and appropriate to resume those activites the next day. Enjoy the Dysport!

Sean T. Doherty, MD, FACS

Running 24 hours post injections...

+1

There is no problem with going on an 8 mile run 24 hours after getting Dysport injected. 

Enjoy!

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Re: I run 6-8 miles almost everyday and had my first Dysport injection yesterday. If I run 8 miles 24 hours after my treatment,

+1

It is common practice to advise clients to refrain from sleep, bending over at the waist, and exercise for 4 hours following injections with Botox or Dysport. This is to minimize the chance of having the product migrate to an undesired location. I am not aware of any restrictions the day following Botox or Dysport injections, and would instruct my clients to resume their normal activities the following day. Being that you exercise at a high level almost daily, it is worth noting that you may metabolize the product at a faster rate than the average individual and results may last less than the typical four months.

Joseph Serota, MD
Aurora Plastic Surgeon