How Do I Dissolve Radiesse in my Nose? I Heard These Castor Oil Packs Can Break It Up.

I had Radiesse injected into my nose and need to disolve it as soon as possoble befro i get rhinoplasty. What is the best method to do this. I head Castor Oil packs can have a good affect. Any info will help. Thanks

Radiesse Injections Cannot be Reversed

+3

Basically, there is nothing you can do to remove Radiesse. Its effects can be expected to last from one year to several years depending upon the location in which it is injected as well as your own rate of metabolism.
Since Radiesse is not reversible, it is especially important to remember that the experience and technique of the physician injecting Radiesse is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse is only removed by the body dissolving it over one year

+3

There is no method of removing Radiesse until it gets degraded and carried away by the body's own mechanisms.  There is no way of speeding it up.  At this point, I recommend that you wait until the Radiesse dissolves before having the rhinoplasty if Radiesse is impeding this procedure.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

+2

I know of no agent or process that can speed up the body's removal of Radiesse once injected.  It's best to just let it go away on its own.

Howdo I dissolve Radiesse in my nose

+2

Radiesse is a mineral salt: CalciumHydroxyappatite. It  is poorly soluble in water and thus,difficult to remove.

I have been able to remove small amounts of Radiessse from the mucous membrane of the lip (where it got accidentally during treatment of the marionette lines) by injecting saline repeatedly in the area. (once monthly). Tedious work and and slow results.

Radiesse injected in the nose, where there is minimal muscle movement to help metabolize it, can last for years.

Pl. see the Dr who injected it and discuss possible adjunctive procedures (CO2 Laser, Ellman,etc)  rather than having it removed, which is unrealistic.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Dissolving Radiesse

+2

There is no effective way to dissolve Radiesse.  It will go away with time.  In most people Radiesse goes away in 6-12 months.  Castor Oil Packs will do no harm, but I have not heard of this method to dissolve Radiesse!

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Time!

+2

Radiesse is made of calcium hydroxyappetite - a component of bone.  Only time and natural degredation by the body will result in it going away.  Nothing applied to the outside of the skin is going to penetrate through to affect the product.  Just be patient - with time it will go away.  Massaging may help disperse it so that the body can eliminate it easier.

Laura Skellchock, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Dissolving Radiesse

+2

In my opinion there is no effective way to remove Radiesse other than time wearing it off. Hyaluronidase only works on HA fillers like Juvederm and Restylane. I don't have any information on Castor Oil packs.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD