Can You Dissolve All of the Juvederm in One Appointment?

Can all of my juvederm be dissolved all in one appointment? I'm not concerned with keeping any of it and I would prefer to go back to my "old" face. Will there be any bruising and/or swelling after it's injected and how soon can I see results?

Juvederm and hyaluronidase

+1

Yes, you can dissolve all or most of the product at one appointment. There may be brusing and redness to the areas treated and you'll see the results immediately. It can continue to resolve and/or digest after your appointment.

Dissolving all of the injected filler

+1

Juvederm can be dissolved through a few injections of hyaluronidase. Generally all of the juvederm can be dissolved in one session, although it's possible a second that a second session may be necessary. Like any injection, hyaluronidase injections will cause some swelling, and possibly some bruising. Wait one to two weeks after the hyaluronidase injections, compare to your original photos, and decide and discuss with your physician if more hyaluronidase injections are needed.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Dissolving juvederm with hyaluronidase

+1

Juvederm, like restylane or perlane, is a hyaluronic acid filler which thankfully has an antidote, "hyaluronidase." In many cases it can be dissolved in 1 treatment, although you may want to go slowly to maintain some improvement from the original filler.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Reversal of Juvederm, Restylane, or Perlane with hyaluronidase

+1

Most of the time, you may not want all of the hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers to dissolve completely as you would be back to square one. However, even if this is your goal, more often than not, it may take more than one treatment to dissolve HA fillers completely as an experienced aesthetic physician would not want to overdose in injecting hyaluronidase as in so doing, there is no guarantee that your normal innate hyaluronic acid underneath the skin may not be adversely affected.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and dissolving it

+1

Sometimes injection of hyaluronidase takes more than one visit. As for bruising, you may have some from the injection.

Juvederm removal

+1

The amount of Juvederm that can be dissolved in one appointment depends on when it was injected, where it was injected and the amount injected.  There is a potential for bruising because of the needle.  You would see the result in less than 24 hours.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Dissolving juvederm depends on the Dose of Hyaluronidase

+1
It's possible to dissolve all or neraly all the Juvederm as long as your doctor uses a large enough dose and injects all the areas where the Juviderm was injected. Sometimes you have to inject at different depths to dissolve all the filler.

Daniel Yamini, MD

Dissolving all the Juvaderm in One Appointment

+1

The operative term in your question id "all". Most can be eliminated with a single injection of hyaluronidase but there will be no guarantee that everything will be gone.

Dissolving Juvederm

+1

Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid soft tissue filler, which can be dissolved using Hyaluronidase injections, usually in one appointment.

Anatoli Freiman, MD, FRCPC

Toronto Dermatology Centre

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Can you dissolve all of the Juvederm in one visit

+1

There are a few factors here: 1. when was it injected, 2. where was it injected, and 3. by whom was it injected. First, you could have some minimal bruising or swelling from hyaluronidase though it shouldn't be bad. It's harder to comment on the "all in one appointment" line because I don't know where you had the filler put in. Very qualified injectors can get a large portion of the filler out, enough that you won't be able to see much anymore, but to say it's all gone is pretty hard. Not noticeable to you is a better idea, and yes, it is possible to do this. But you will need a very experienced hyaluronidase injector.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD