Dissolvable sutures in columella and alarplasty incisions? (photo)

I had open rhinoplasty done 8 days ago. The sites for my alarplasty and the columellar incision seem to be healing well. My surgeon used dissolvable sutures and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to promote the dissolution of the sutures and good healing? I've been using Aquaphor ointment to keep them moist, applied 2x per day.

Dissolvable sutures in columella and alarplasty incisions?

+1

ONLY again ONLY follow your chosen surgeon's post operative protocols... No some unknown surgeon here over the internet!

+1

I would ask your surgeon what he or she recommends. Sometimes, sutures do not dissolve as rapidly as one would expect, and they can removed to facilitate healing.