Am I a Candidate for Revision Rhinoplasty? What are my Other Options? (photo)

I very stupidly had rhino June 2011 to remove hump. I wanted it straight and now I have this scooped out look. I want my old nose back as much as possible. I understand it will never be exactly the same but I want it a bit wider and at least have the bridge straight, not scooped out. What about fillers? I know it is temporary. What would be done if I decide to do a rhino revision? I know to go to a board cert. doc. Any doc. recommendations in the Tampa area or in Florida? I have more pictures.

You may consider an Injectable Filler treatment to add height to the bridge of your nose.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

If you only want to add height to your nasal bridge, you could consider consulting a physician experienced in the art of using fillers for nasal bridge augmentation. I prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

If you want to narrow your bridge and add rotation to your nasal tip, then revision rhinoplasty may be considered.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choices for Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I only use fillers for minor irregularities in the nose. A revision to augment your profile line (bridge) will restore a strong well-defined nose. I prefer to use the patient's own cartilage to avoid the complications that occur with synthetic materials. An excellent surgeon in the Tampa area is Dr. Ed Farrior. 

Am I a Candidate for Revision Rhinoplasty? What are my Other Options?

+1

Yes, you could have a Revision Rhinoplasty and IMHO, you might want to have several in person consultations with experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeons.  I perform quite a bit of revision Rhinoplasty and IMO, your old nose is gone forever, never to return.  So before you can move on, it's very important for you to make peace with that fact and then seek a reasonable pathway to make your current nose more attractive in an aesthetic manner.  

In a related manner, you could consider facial shaping and contouring of the cheeks using Perlane or Cheek Implants.  I know this is not directly addressing your concerns with your nose but in the larger realm of facial aesthetics fuller cheeks would soften the entire face maing it appear, soft, feminnine and more naturally attractive.  Hope this helps.

+1

Thanks for the excellent posted photos. It appears as an over resection of the bony/cartilage pyramid. But only an in person examination will help. In the west coast of mid Florida I can recommend Dr. Stephen Penderville or Dr Frank Reiger. I would use cadaver bone graft or only cartilage grafts from rib or ear. Possible to use septal cartilage grafts but I bet the 1st surgeon removed to much. As a before a revision operation fillers to build up the "scooped" look could be used. Or travel to Miami, NYC, Dallas. Please give follow up. Regards 

Revision rhinoplasty is usually about addressing all parts of the nose

+1

In the photos posted, the question was asked about a scooped bridge. Nasal bridges can be rebuilt with a number of graft materials, most of them natural and take from your own body. However, part of the problem is that the tip has also lost support. This is why you should seek out a specialist in revision rhinoplasty to restore support to the entire nose. You asked about a surgeon in Tampa, I would like to suggest Dr. Ed Farrior

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

+1

Hi,

Thanks for the photos. What I see is: 1) an open roof deformity 2) slight polly beak and the caudal end of your nose and 3) a ptotic or droopy tip. This can be as a result of over-resection of the cephalic nasal bridge and under resection of the caudal septal bridge as well as inadequate tip reconstruction. This can give the look of being scooped out.

You are a candidate for a revision rhinoplasty just make sure you go to an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS