I Am Very Dissappointed my Breasts Were 34aa and with 420cc Moderates They Are Only a B

I clearly asked my doctor for 420cc filled to 450cc and he did not do so he just put in 420cc and left it as is. I am 5'4 in height 156lbs with a 33inch ribcage. I wanted to be a Full C cup small D cup but I am afraid I will only end up with a full B cup small C which is way to small. I MEAN ITS ONLY BEEN 5 DAY BUT I barely look a cup size bigger. What are the chances of me getting the size I want or is my estimate correct???

Breast Implant Size

+1

It is not uncommon for patients to be concerned (one way or another) about their size at 5 days post-op. often times these same patients are pleased at the 3 month mark. Patience is indicated!

If revisionary surgery is decided upon, it  will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Disappointed in implant size?

+1

It is too early to tell how your breasts are going to look.  If your skin is tight before surgery, it takes longer after surgery for the breasts to not look tight and "plastered down", and during this time they do not fit into a bra cup with any degree of precision, so it is difficult to tell what cup size they will be.  As the skin relaxes, you may achieve better breast projection.  Give it some time, do not worry so much so early, and you may find that you are increasingly happy as things settle down.  By the way, the increase in size from a 420cc to a 450cc implant is pretty negligible, pretty difficult to detect, and represents a 7% increase in size, so I wouldn't obsess too much over this very small difference. It may be that your incision closure was too tight and the surgeon was afraid to put any more volume in the implant and risk a disruption of the incision.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

Cup size is a difficult concept from pre to postop although 420cc implants should accomplish your goal.  I week is not enough time to allow tissues to relax and stretch.  Under the muscle will pressure the implants to a flatter position initially.  Projection will improve when the tissues relax and you may full out the cup size better.  I hope this info helps.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

30cc would not make a difference

+1

going from 420 to 450cc would not make a visible difference.  Also, the 420cc should give you at least a C cup.  You need to wait at least two months to see what you have in cup size once majority of the swelling is gone.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Breast augmentation

+1
The implants that you have 420cc should give you at least a c-cup. The projection will depend on the profile of the implant. The maximum size implant is dictated by your chest diameter and you need to have your plastic surgeon discuss their reasoning behind choosing the appropriate size implant. Also you should be professionally fitted for the proper bra.

David L. Abramson, MD

Breast implants, I should have been bigger

+1

Communication is key in order to get the breast augmentation result you are looking for. It is impossible to assign a cup size to any particular breast implant. A not infrequent comment after breast augmentation is one of 'I should have gone bigger'. It is unlikely that with your 420cc implant you are not at least a C-cup, though the proof will be when you start bra shopping. Rather than talking about anticipated cup size, a picture is worth a thousand words. I think after full healing you will be alright, though great communication gives the best results.

peterejohnsonmd

It is too early to see the final result

+1

You had more than just breast augmentation based on the pictures. If you are concerned about the volume difference between 420 and 450 cc implant,30 cc is less than an ounce. This is minimal compare to the total breast volume.The reason for not going to 450 cc was made during the surgery and your surgeon made that decision based on the finding during the surgery. You had liposuction or tummy tuck at the same time based on the abdominal binder on the post op pictures. Your surgeon could have been concerned about the swelling, tissue tension or shape. You need to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Disappointment with size early post op is not some to dwell on right now.

+1

Choosing a cup size or predicting a cup size change with breast augmentation surgery is very difficult. No guarantee of a final cup size is possible. What is possible is to spend enough time with your surgeon to get all your questions answered and your expectations in line with probable outcomes before you have surgery.

Although I do not use this technique often in my office, many experienced Plastic Surgeons feel that a full cup size change is associated with 200 - 250 cc of additional breast volume. Adding 420 cc implants to your breast is going to make a substantial difference to your shape and proportions. However, if your expectations were for a much larger and more disproportionate final breast size then that is where the disconnect exists. In general, implants that are larger than 350 cc are associated with more long term problems and revisional surgeries because of tissue stretch, tissue thinning and the consequences of this added weight to your breast.

We have recently introduced 3D Vectra imaging to assist with our sizing and visualizing part of the consultation. Although no process can solve every issue associated with patient expectations, the surgeon and the patient need to actively participate in the process.

Allow yourself to heal and stay in touch with your surgeon. Hopefully your satisfaction will become higher as you see how nice your enhanced breast will look.

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size

+1

Thanks for positing your pictures.  It is hard to tell from the pictures you posted, but it appears that your after results is larger than before - obviously since you had implants.  If you have 420 cc implants, it should make a considerable difference.  The 30 cc difference that you describe will not make a visible difference.  At this point, you are only 5 days after surgery and it is too early to get worried.  My suggestion is to let everything heal, the swelling to resolve and the tissues to settle and then see how it looks.  If you do decide to get larger implants, it is much less of an ordeal than the original operation.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD